Saturday, March 27, 2010

The week in review

What a week! Last Saturday, the first day of Spring we went down to the Cape to see my friend Marissa and the girls at her dad's house. It was 70 degrees in Grafton so Eric and I were prepared for a nice warm day. However, by the time we got to the Cape it was 56 degrees, brrr! Thankfully because my car never gets cleaned out I had plenty of coats, hats, and blankets for Eric! We got there and we went to woods hole and took pictures. Then we went for lunch. Eric wasn't too cold at the beach but by the time we got to the restaurant he was shivering so I had to bundle him up. All in all we had a nice time down there even though we only visited for a few hours. The drive down there is so nice. I enjoy seeing the cranberry bogs and going over the Bourne bridge. I used to go to the Cape all the time growing up because my grandparents used to live there. I definitely miss going down there all the time. It's just so peaceful!

Sunday we went to visit my grammas and drop off some pictures. I noticed the baby was not himself and he had not had a wet diaper since the night before except for one that morning. He had been drinking fine and I tried to keep calm. We ended up having to leave both grammas houses pretty quickly because he just was not himself. We did a quick trip to the grocery store which he was fine with since he loves Walmart! I got him home and decided to call the doctors office to see what they would say about the lack of wet diapers. After talking it over with the on-call nurse she recommended we go to the ER. Before we left I took his temp and it was 102.3. At the ER they tortured him with getting a urine sample and trying to clean out his ears to see if he had an ear infection. The poor kid was miserable because they were poking and proding at him so much. Needless to say he did not have a UTI or an ear infection. I was relieved but still a little worried since there was no explanation for his fever.

Monday Eric seemed to be ok. His fever was gone and so I felt much better about things. Then Tuesday morning I noticed that he was sleeping for an awefully long time. When he woke up he was a hot potato. He had a fever again of 101. Off to the doctors we went that morning. Because I am paranoid I had them check his urine again. They didn't want to use a catheter again since they did that at the ER so they put a urine bag on him and had me stay there until he peed. So we waited and waited and waited. His doctor's office is at St. Vincent's hospital so we walked around and had lunch and sat by the waterfall in hopes for inspiration but nothing was happening. I went back up to the doctors office and they decided to try to get him to pee in a cup and can you believe that he actually did? I was so impressed! Once again his urine came back fine so I gave up at this point. He just had a fever with no explanation. Maybe it's teething since he's had a never ending runny nose for the last 2 weeks. All I know is that we went a whole year almost without illness and he has been sick for the last month between the stomach bug, a runny nose, and a fever. Hopefully this is the end of the illnesses.

The story ends with his fever finally just going away. The last of it was Wednesday night and we haven't seen it since.

On another note, Eric has tried to be very independent lately. He tried to feed himself which makes a big mess but it makes him very happy and probably a little bit more hungry than usual. He also has become whiny because he wants to be held all the time and he wants things his way. Oh boy are we in trouble. My feeling is if he wants things his way he better start walking and talking! I try not to hold him as much as possible but Daddy has a tendency to be a little more lenient with him since he doesn't get to spend as much time with him.

The other thing about Eric is that he talks... a lot. None of it makes sense and I just cannot wait for actual words to start coming out because I think we will have quite the conversations during the day once he gets the hang of it! He does say things that sound like "more" or "milk" it normally comes out like "mm" or "me" etc. He is finally getting the hang of signing "more" which is really cute and I will attempt to get a video of someday.

We went to West End Creamery for the first time this season on Wednesday. It's so cute that they have mini ice cream that is perfect for his size. They even have the tiniest ice cream cones I've ever seen. While eating ice cream he really became a pro at signing "more". He loves his ice cream! Of course I forgot my camera so there are no pictures of this trip. However, I bought a bigger pocketbook so I think my camera will stay in there from now on!

Ok, picture time! Some of these are a little old but I never blogged them so here they are:
Here is Eric and Savannah having their first sleepover on Eric's birthday. Awww!


This is Mr. Independent happy as can be to eat his food with his hands. He is eating sweet potato, yum. I have his hood on because he has a tendency to put his hands in his hair when they are covered with food. I spend more time washing this kid's hair. I need to get a shower cap for him to wear when he eats!



Ok here are the pictures from the trip to the Cape. This is the Bourne Bridge as I'm driving over it to head home (btw Daddy didn't come with us to the Cape so that's why there are no pics of him!):


Sydney sitting on the cabillions of rocks



Ocean




Marissa and Vannah (that's my nickname for Savannah, Marissa loves it! haha)



Before the shivering began. This is our new $20 umbrella stroller. So much easier to push! We learned the hard way though not to put too much weight on the handles or it falls over. Thankfully Eric was not in it when this happened!


Marissa and the girls on the rocks



The ferry to Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket... I believe!



Walking down the rocks




Enjoying the view



Pretty








No comments: