Monday, December 12, 2011

update

So Eric seems to have finally turned the corner and is almost back to his old self. He woke up this morning at 6am (so I knew he was feeling better because that's his usual wake up time!). He got out of bed with ease and ate a bite of Daddy's cereal and a bite of a donut and drank a cup of milk. This is the most he's had to eat in days! He then was playing and laughing and smiling for the first time today. We went to visit my mom, even though she was nervous as to whether that was a good idea because she had no idea how well he was doing until she saw him. He was playing and even skipped along and jumped off the step into the toy room. My mom had bought him some munchkins and on the car ride home he ate 3 of them! We got home and I made lunch for myself and asked him if he wanted anything. He ended up just eating a few spoonfuls of tuna fish that I had made. My gramma and Ted stopped by to see him and gave him a clifford stuffed animal and a book. I thought for sure he would crash after they left but he had more energy to spare! I had put him in his room but he had a lot of playing to make up for so I caught him sitting at his table coloring. He was not interested in sleeping! He came into our bedroom and played for the rest of the afternoon on our bed. And during that time he did not stop talking. He is definitely making up for lost time! I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he requested his favorite, hot dogs and salad. His stomach was not quite built up for all of that food so he only ate a few bites of hot dog but he tried! He was getting really tired and starting to hunch over from all the exercise his belly got today. We went for a car ride and he passed out at 6:45pm. I thought this would be it for him for the night but nope! He woke up because he heard the Josh Grobin song from the Polar Express on the radio haha. So he is finally asleep at 8:30pm and hopefully we get a lot of rest. What a difference a day makes. We are so thankful that he has made such dramatic improvement in such a short period of time. Tomorrow I am going to bring him to daycare to see his friends but I won't drop him off. Then Wednesday is back to the grind! I'm so glad we didn't end up back in the hospital and that we can confidently say that he is better. Now back to toilet training since he is getting quite comfortable in diapers...

No comments: