Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh My!

In December of 2007, I stopped taking birth control because I felt as if it was affecting my moods and giving me anxiety. I felt much better after going off of it but we had a task ahead of us to not get pregnant. Well it took several months of trying to be careful and apparently a slip up because on Sunday, July 20th at 9:30am I took a pregnancy test, sure that I was not pregnant because I had taken one every month when my period was late. I almost died when it said "pregnant." I had just taken one a few days before and it came back negative, how'd that happen! I woke up Eric and told him, he leaped out of bed with excitement, I started hysterically crying :). This is definitely not where I saw my life going right now but in all honesty, I don't think this is something I could ever be ready for. So I go through a roller coaster of excitement and panic as does Eric but he's mostly just excited and keeps giving me high fives haha. We've got a lot to do before this baby comes... find a bigger place to live, decide whether we will buy something or live in a different apartment; get married; figure out how we're going to survive on Eric's income for a few months and then whether I'll go back to work or not... Keep checking in to find out how far we've gotten on all of these plans!

No comments: