Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas, Etc.

On Christmas Eve we went to my sister's house and opened presents with my family. I wasn't great about taking pictures but I got one of Dylan in his Christmas pajamas. This year he did great opening his presents. He especially love the train he got from my gramma D. He also got a farm from my parents that he dragged everyone over to play with.

(PS the year is wrong on this. Eric set it and apparently he's still in 2007!)



My Gramma gave us our wedding quilt that she made for us. At our wedding we passed out quilt squares for our guests to sign and then she put it together with pictures and made a nice wall hanging. It came out so nice. My aunt helped with getting the pictures together for it. My favorite quote on it is from my Gramma McNeil "Dear Sarah and Eric, Here's to many happy and productive years! Gram needs some great grand daughters! I love you both very much! Gram Mac". She is very determined to see any of us have a girl!





One day before Christmas, my mom and I were looking through an LL Bean catalog and she mentioned how she was thinking about getting Eric a pair of one piece long underwear for work. I told her I wasn't sure if he would like it. However, about a week later Eric was talking to his Uncle Rich and he mentioned how Eric should get a pair of them because they are so warm. Well Santa came through and as you can tell, Eric really liked them. He even walked outside in them!



Christmas day I made dinner. I was a little bummed to not have my Gramma McNeil there but it was so nice to have people come over for a holiday! Our guests included: Laura (Eric's mom), Tyler, Melissa (Tyler's girlfriend), Mom, Dad, Gramma D, and Ted. I was going to take pictures of myself cooking the meal and everyone enjoying the meal but we all know me with a camera, always forgetting to document important events! I made ham for dinner and various other things. I didn't completely time everything well because everyone came over right when I was planning on getting the cooking in full gear so I got a little distracted. I did get some help which made it go smoother. It all seemed to come out well. No one complained of stomach pains and everyone's still alive so I consider that a success!
In other news...
We registered at Babies R Us an hour before they were closing on Sunday. So we ran around the store and did what we had to do. I left there not having a clue as to what I registered for. So today I fixed a lot of it and read a lot of reviews and deleted and added things. We are also registered at Target for all of the baby bedding and a few other things.
I got good news yesterday that my Gramma McNeil is heading home on New Years Day. I can't believe how quickly she's getting out! She apparently is doing remarkedably well so they're letting her lose! I just hope she takes precautions this time that she stubbornly refused to take previous to all of this so that she keeps herself safe.
Happy New Year!!!



1 comment:

Trauterman Family said...

The quilt came out beautiful!!! That was such a great idea!
Love the pic of Eric in his long underwear...he looks like an elf working in Santa's workshop =) LOL