Ok so I've been thinking about what to blog about and there's a lot of random stuff I can blog about. But I'm going to apologize now because it may be a little random...
I had a dream the other night about not remembering the birth of baby Eric. This is the second dream I've had where I haven't remembered the birth which I think most woman would want to happen. However, in this dream I had my baby shower the weekend after he was born. I didn't remember the first few days of his life and I couldn't wait to spend the weekend with him. I said to my mom "You know mom, I just don't remember any of his birth, it's so weird." To which my mom replied, "Um we won't talk about that." Apparently something bad happened to me and that's why I didn't remember but nobody would tell me what happened.
Ok next topic.... Let's talk kicking.
This baby really enjoys kicking me at really inconvenient times. It generally happens in the middle of a meeting for work. All I want to do when it happens is giggle because it cracks me up. While everyone's listening to important information about how to do our jobs, the baby is totally distracting me. I kind of like it because sometimes those meetings can get to be a little much anyways! Recently he has also started kicking me in the ribs which doesn't feel so good. Why would he do that to his mom???
So speaking of work, ever since the new year has come it has made me realize how close I am to not having to work for a little bit! Unfortunately for the people that I work with, I think my brain has gone on maternity leave a little too early. Thankfully my supervisor understands because she just came back from maternity leave so she's patient.
I had a pregnancy meltdown the other day. I went to go visit a client and we have to park on the street when we do our visits. I got to the house on time, however there was no parking in front of their house. To make a long story short I drove around for 30 minutes trying to decide where to park that didn't mean walking miles. So I finally made the decision to park in a parking lot that had a sign about how the parking lot was for specific people (not me) and all others would be towed. I took a chance and then I proceded to stress about getting towed the entire time I was in the house. So I came out and looked into the parking lot to see that my car was still there. What a relief! However, as I approached I noticed that someone had blocked my car and the car next to me in. I called Eric in a panic. Eric insisted that I could somehow get out of this spot. I insisted on crying and wishing that the car behind me would magically go away. So in the end I found someone who knew the owner of the car and they moved their car after proceding to tell me that I can't park there. I didn't play the pregnancy card but I think about it now and I really should have in case I ever need an emergency parking spot again! At least they would know my face and my car and perhaps not block me in.
Why I'm looking forward to post pregnancy...
I can't wait to be able to roll around on either side when trying to sleep without feeling like I need a forklift just to give me an extra shove to the right or the left. I would like to be able to put my shoes on without running out of breath. Most importantly there are certain things I can't wait to eat again. My diet has been so much worse since I've been pregnant because it's hard to find things to eat while on the road all day long for work. Before I got pregnant I used to eat a ham sandwich, yogurt, and some cheezits for lunch. This day and age the only way you can eat lunch meats is if you heat them in the microwave first when pregnant. The thought of this is so unappealing. So I haven't had a ham sandwich in a very long time. I drool every time we go to the deli and Eric orders ham for his lunches. I can't wait to have a ham sandwich again. The other thing I miss is seafood. When you're pregnant you can have certain types of seafood but I don't feel like taking the time to figure out what kind I can and can't have and the whole mercury thing makes me swear it off for now. However, Eric feels it necessary that every time we go out to eat he has seafood. Some husband huh? Last night we went out to eat. I ordered a burger like I do about 99% of the time these days. He asked me "Are you sure that's what you want?" to which I went into pregnant lady mode and said "NO! I want fried clams!" So after I have this baby there are several things I plan on doing. Taking a nice nap on my stomach, eating a ham sandwich, a tuna fish sandwich, and some fried clams. And not only that but I'm going to wait until Eric is really hungry and I will make him watch me eat all of this and he can have a burger.
Things I love about being pregnant....
Getting preferred parking spots at some houses when I am working. Having people constantly wanting to carry things for me or pick things up off the floor for me. I am totally capable and don't typically let people help me but it's nice. People giving up seats in restaurants when you're waiting for your table. I don't need to sit but it's always nice to, not because of the pregnancy but because I've had bad ankles for years. However, when not pregnant, no one can see my bad ankles. And of course I love getting kicked by this little munchkin except in the ribs.
The fears...
There is a constant fear in my head that everything I eat or do could have an impact on this baby. Because I work with children with autism, although I know I would be well prepared to have a child with autism, there is a fear that something I do while pregnant could cause me to have a disabled child or a child with special needs. It's a scary thing and would be hard for me not to blame myself if something goes wrong.
So I have no pictures to put up. I meant to take one last weekend when we went down to Eric's cousin's house because we don't have any pictures with Mike and Jess and Katie. However, surprise! I didn't bring my camera. The only picture I can direct you to is one from the basketball game that Eric went to on monday. For Christmas, my dad got him and my brother-in-law tickets to a Celtics game for a boys night out. My dad's pretty excited to have son-in-laws because he's been stuck with girls for 30 years now. So if you go to this website you can see my dad, Eric, and Mike at the game:
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=celtics&gallery_id=1402966
1 comment:
Hi Sarah-
RELAX!! You are going to send yourself into early labor with the worrying!! I have been pregnant 4 times and have NEVER heard of such a thing as heating your lunch meat?!? I ate turkey and cheese like everyday with Eli..and look at that smart little devil! If it's any concelation I ate school cafeteria luch when I was pregnant with Britt,and I am not sure that there is ANYTHING worse than that, she seems to be fine, although sometimes she's a bit crazy! I COMPLETELY agree with the whole seafood thing, but I don't even think that people who aren't pregnant should eat it...YUCK!! Baby Eric will be fine..I had irrational fears EVERY time I was pregnant!! When I was pregnant with Britt I was completely paranoid..that was FUN!!
SO sit back relax and enjoy being pregnant..it's bittersweet, you miss it when the baby is no longer inside of you dancing around, but there is SO much joy in actually being able to sit back and hold your new baby!!
We love you-
Bonnie and Eli
Post a Comment