Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a very nice Thanksgiving this year. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning. Eric loved it. Throughout the parade I heard a lot of, "What's that?" and "Oh wow" along with him naming everything he recognized. It was so exciting for me to see him get so into something that is holiday related. He loved the Sesame Street float the best and I wish I had the camera ready when he saw Santa in the parade because he was blowing him kisses and waving to him. It was very cute.
So the day before Thanksgiving Daddy was at work so Eric and I went over to Mem and Pep's house since he asks for them constantly. We figured we'd just visit to get out of the house. Eric decided to help my mom with the preparations for Thanksgiving. Here is him and Meme preparing the butternut squash.












He decided that eating a piece of raw butternut squash was a good idea. I'll get veggies into him anyway I can! He seemed to enjoy it.



The Erics watching the Thanksgiving parade and preparing for some Turkey (these boys need to wear some clothes!)



So I have to apologize to Eric's family. I had left my camera in the other room and ended up not taking any pictures with them. We went to Eric's Auntie Linda's house for a huge Thanksgiving celebration. Eric's cousin Courtney just got back from serving 2 years in the Peace Corps so it was nice to see her. There was over 30 people at the house and it was the most well organized meal! I also enjoyed that we each wrote something down that we were thankful for and then shared after the meal. It reminds you of what Thanksgiving is all about.

So I did take pictures at my parents house. Probably because there were constant cameras going which reminded me to get my camera out.
Here's Eric and Ryan reading with Auntie:


Eric cuddling up to Ted


The boys chillin' with Gramma and Ted on the couch



Anybody notice a pattern of how these two always have to be together???



Yeah I'm not kidding, one can't be held without the other one being held.



So my gramma got the boys these cute snowmen that when they all lined up together and you turned one on they would all start dancing. It was quite entertaining. Eric's snowman is the one with the guitar. He played it the entire car ride home.


Dylan insisted that everyone join a musical parade around the house. This is Eric playing the piano on Daddy's head.



We took a similar picture like this last year. It's amazing how much the boys have grown up since last year.



Relaxing after the parade


Wee!

No comments: