Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday!

It is still hard to believe that Eric is 2! At his 2 year check up he weighed 23 lbs, 13 oz and is 35 1/4 inches tall. That puts him in the 75th percentile for height and the 5th percentile for weight haha talk about tall and skinny! Unfortunately 3 days after his 2 year check up we ended up back at the doctors office because he was up all night coughing. Turns out he has bronchialitis and needs a nebuilizer which he absolutely hates and fights like you wouldn't believe. I really feel like I should videotape him fighting it so people can see how unbelievably strong he is.
So here are some pictures and a video to chronicle his birthday:
He wanted to help me make the cake. I told him he could stand on the chair to help me and he didn't know what to do. He never stands on chairs, climbs out of things etc so I think he felt like a big rule breaker! But he got over it quickly when he got to lick the spatula!





For this year's cake the theme was Frosty the Snowman. It does not matter that we stopped watching Frosty when Christmas was over. He still talks about Frosty every day and makes me sing the Frosty "No-man" (as he calls him) song. So I love getting creative with cakes and frosty was no different! I stayed up until 11pm making his cake and was on a sugar high from all the frosting I ate!
So here's the unfrosted frosty:


And here is the finished product. I am proud although the cake was very crumbly so Frosty did not frost well:







Present time! It was great to compare this year with last year. Last year he didn't even know how to open a present and he wasn't even walking yet. This year he was naming every present he got when he opened it and running around with balloons like a silly man.

A new playdough set:



A Thomas the train tent:





Peek a boo! He loved this tent at first and he still plays in it but Pokey definitely loves it a lot more.


The party attendees:


Blowing out his candle:





Eating cake with his cousins. The boys play so nicely together and could care less about the adults! They just go off and do their own thing.


Checking out one of his new drawing books with Daddy:


So the silly part is that Eric LOVES to tackle his cousins. The sillier part is that his cousins do not mind nor are they even surprised when he tackles them.


Pig pile on Dylan. Notice how Dylan continues to play like there isn't an Eric Charles on his back


Eli's turn!


This is a very tiny picture but this is Eric spreading the love to Ryan. This is such a good blackmail picture when they are teenagers.



Eric decided to turn his car into a two-seater and Ryan just made room!


So he got thirsty and decided to lie on Dylan while having a drink. Again, Dylan continues to play.


So this is proof that Eric is a lefty. He got a baseball tee and a bat for his birthday from Daddy and he automatically hit lefty without skipping a beat!




I hope everyone enjoys my blog! I am updating it because I am procrastinating a 20 page paper!

No comments: