Well I know my last post was about the drive-in and how it rained. We went to the drive-in again on a super clear night and had fun. We definitely love the atmosphere at the drive-in. It's such a fun and inexpensive night!
Fourth of July- So the 4th is my favorite holiday. We started that weekend off by going to the Northbridge fireworks. The little guy seemed to like him but he wasn't as in to it as last year. However, he still talks about them to this day so I guess they weren't that bad. The next day we went to a cookout at the Cronin's house which is always a good time. Sunday we went to Eric's cousin's graduation party. Between going to the Cronin's and there, the little guy had two chances to go in a big pool and he likes it a lot more this year! We need to get him signed up for swimming lessons now that we know he'll go in a pool. Sunday night he didn't seem himself. He was tired and felt warm. That night he ended up in our bed and he was a hot potato. He ended up having a fever and complained of a sore throat. It was just a virus but it kept us from going to the Cape for the 4th on monday. I was so bummed but we will get down there for the 4th someday!
Melatonin- We started giving the little guy melatonin to help him get to sleep at night. It was a tough decision to make because although it is a supplement it feels like we're drugging him to get him to sleep. He is just a horrible sleeper. He falls asleep late, wakes up early, and wakes me up at least once during the night. It worries me because he is definitely not getting as much sleep as a kid should get. So the melatonin has been great in regards to easing him to sleep. He seems to sleep later in the morning too. He does wake me up at night still but I guess I'll just have to live with that until he outgrows it (fingers crossed that he will soon!)
Toilet training- So the little guy is doing good with toilet training. We are taking it very slow because he is young. However, when he is in underwear he will use the toilet consistantly but will still pee a little in his underwear before making it to the toilet. The craziest thing is that he poops in the toilet pretty consistantly! he is so proud of himself for this accomplishment. He started going at day care as well. This week we are going to up the ante and see if he'll go at meme and pepe's house (surprise mom and dad!). Someday we will get brave enough to leave the house with him in underwear but I don't think he's quite there yet.
Urology- So the little guy's uroligist left at the end of May and we have been waiting for the new one to start at UMass. However, the last I heard they weren't going to start until september. So I decided to call Children's hospital to schedule him with someone there. They wanted him to come to an all day appointment and then thought I was weird for asking for him to be sedated. So I called UMass to confirm when the new urologist started and they were starting that week! So I scheduled him for an appointment at the beginning of august, phew!
House hunting- Eric and I have been looking for a house for like a year now. We have put offers in on two different houses this month and neither of them worked out. They were not very negotiable house sellers. We almost caved and agreed to pay more than we wanted to for one house because we really wanted it but when reality set in we would be pinching pennies and would never be able to afford to leave the house and that is not what we wanted to do. So we continue the search. I want to wait until I'm out of school to buy a house but at the same time I want a house so bad!
School- speaking of school, I just finished my summer semester, thank goodness! I get six weeks off before my classes start in the fall. I am trying to enjoy my time off as much as I can now because it's going to be crazy come September!
So me and the little guy did finally make it to the cape. Unfortunately big Eric was working so he couldn't come. We went to the beach and went to the harbor and had a really nice time. I wish I was able to get a video of the little guy in the ocean. He just kept shrieking with delight! He loved the water! Thanks Karen and Mike and Mike's family for inviting us down! It was a nice day trip! (despite the fact that I got really burned and my back still hurts over a week later from my sun burn!)
Eric was not so into being buried in the sand but Dylan and Ryan were!
No comments:
Post a Comment