We had been planning to go to the drive in since we first heard that Cars 2 was coming out this summer. The little guy loves the original movie and frankly I've had enough of watching the original one so I was looking forward to the new one. We made all kinds of preparations. We bought an air mattress to put in the back of the truck and got all comfy cozy to watch the movie. We had popcorn and bug spray and blankets and we were ready to go. We had watched the weather reports and anticipated some rain but we were hoping it would hold out for the movie because the sky was clear when we got to the drive in. Unfortunately, as the previews came to an end and the movie was starting, so did the thunderstorm and rain. We had to watch the rest of the movie inside the truck through the rain drops on the windshield. it was such a bummer. However, the little guy had fun and enjoyed the movie and our little bed on the back of the truck was so comfy that had we stayed back there I think we would have all been asleep before the movie was over. In case you're wondering how the movie was... if you want to see it I would wait till it comes out on DVD. It just took a weird twist and Mater becomes a spy and it's just strange (and a little violent with guns too!). However, there are parts that are REALLY funny. I kind of want to go to the drive in again next weekend so we can try again!
Here are the boys all cozy in the back of the truck

blankets on, pillows lined up and popcorn in the bag

Pretty good picture for holding the camera out in front of us!

Waiting for the movie to start (we got there at 7 to get a good spot but the movie didn't start until 8:45)

Hanging out with Mama. I had to crop this picture because the angle Eric took it at made my butt look ginormous! Much bigger than it is in person ;)

With silky, snuggling up and ready to watch McQueen

I was lying down when I took this one... see, the sky is clear in front of us!

Of course we had to bring every Cars car (he's earned a lot of new ones during toilet training!) we own to the movie! Here he is playing just before it began. And notice the McQueen jammies :) (with a t shirt underneath the red sox apparel!)


So when the rain came we had to turn the truck around so we were facing the screen to watch the movie. Thank goodness the truck is comfy but boo for having to watch the movie through the rain!

The little guy is still happy!

That was our big Saturday. On Sunday we were at my father-in-law's house most of the day. Then we went to the Miss Mendon Diner for dinner. I always thought it looked cute so I figured we'd try it. It was a very cute place but the food wasn't all that great. What a busy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment