On Father's Day weekend, my sister and brother-in-law had the marriage blessed in the Catholic church and had their sons baptized. It was a very nice afternoon. I'm hoping that someday I can convince big Eric to do the same. He wants the little guy to be able to chose his religion someday but I feel like he's not going to be able to chose if he has no exposure to it. I grew up going to St. Patrick's Church in Whitinsville and I've always felt very comfortable there. I am not a die-hard Catholic but I feel like Fr. Mike, the priest at St. Pat's, is a pretty liberal Catholic so it works for me. Maybe someday soon I will bring the little guy to church. He loved going into the church for the baptism. He said, "Oh wow!" when we walked in and sat quietly through most of the ceremony until he got instigated by Ryan and his snacks!
Karen and Mike with Fr. Mike

The boys got prayer shalls as a gift from the church

Blessing the baptism

Ryan's turn

Dylan's turn


Fr. Mike having a little chat with the boys
No comments:
Post a Comment