Sunday, June 26, 2011
toilet training
Since I had Friday off from work and was home saturday and sunday as well, when Eric woke up from his nap on friday I told him that we had no more diapers and it was time for underwear. I explained to him that he had to tell me if he needed to go potty. He did have a few drips in his underwear but then he started to do a few drips in the potty. At one point he had a bigger accident in his underwear so I took him to the potty to sit and he went and went and went on the potty. We were so proud of him... and then he did it again shortly after! He loved how excited I was for him and how proud I was of him and daddy went and got him all kinds of prizes at the store (spoiled kid!). We even went out at night and I put a pull up on him and we came home and he was still dry. We put him in a regular diaper for bed and he told me he needed to pee and sat and went and went and went. I couldn't believe it! Saturday morning was somewhat of a bust. Through this process I've noticed that he cannot be allowed on the porch until he pees in the morning because he will just go on the porch! (and the poor woman downstairs is probably wondering why her porch is wet, oops!). However, he did do a really good job on the potty later in the day. Today was kind of a bust. He went once but had lots of accidents (most on the porch, eek!) and then we were gone for most of the day and didn't really push it. We'll see how he does at daycare and I have a four day weekend next weekend so we'll keep trying. I'm just glad that he gets the concept and he's young so we've got time. I'm just hoping he masters it before we go to Florida in November so we don't have to pack diapers. In the meantime we have about 20 pairs of underwear since he has frequent accidents but I'd rather change underwear than diapers. Wish us luck! He's so proud when he does it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment