Sunday, September 4, 2011

Storyland

So we have a problem in the Hamelin household. At times we have the best intentions to make plans to do fun things and then they never happened. So this weekend came and I knew it was a long weekend and we had plenty of time to recover so I decided that we were going to make a day trip to storyland. We had been wanting to go all summer but just never made it because I didn't feel like staying overnight. Since my house was brave enough to drive 3 hours up there we decided to try it in a day. I knew the little guy would be fine in the car. Actually he was quite silly on the car ride singing songs half the way up and pretending to talk to us on the phone. Eric wanted me to bring my laptop so the little guy could watch a movie or bring my nook so he could use it but I felt like it was so much better to leave life's modern technologies at home and just have some old fashion silly conversation for the car ride. It made the trip! We anticipated leaving by 6:30am because the little guy has been waking up bright and early lately. Of course the one day he sleeps until 7 is the day we actually wanted him up early. So we left a little later than usual and we got to storyland around 11:30am. We had a blast! When we first got there the little guy was a little tired and had no idea where on earth we were. We decided to break him right in and take him on the roller coaster. He was scared because he wanted to sit on our laps and didn't know what was happening but by the time we went on a few more rides he was a pro at sitting by himself and had a blast. His favorite ride was the flume ride (mine too!) then there was another water ride where you go on a raft down a river which he screeched with delight when we got soaked. He also loved the teacups... oh and of course the ball pit. We had such a great day and we left around 4:15 and were home before 8. Granted we're all exhausted but it was accomplished and I felt like we saw enough of the park to get our money's worth. We didn't get to go on all the rides or do everything at the park but we did enough to have a really fun day. It did rain at one point but it only lasted about 15 minutes and then the sun came out. It was incredibly humid though! So here's the pictures to prove that we finally made it to storyland:


Don't mind big Eric's face, the ride started while i was taking the picture.


I was very impressed that big Eric took pictures of me with the little guy because if it wasn't for my blogs you'd never know I was ever anywhere! However, this is not the best picture of myself!


Eric told us that this is a "real" pumpkin haha




Oh how he loved the ball pit. At one point he completely buried himself in it and he had to be rescued because his face was covered. He thought it was so funny!








By this point he knew what the rides were all about so he was having fun in the flying shoe





This was the view from the top of the ferris wheel. It was so beautiful up there.



wow look, there I am again in all my sweaty glory! Man was it humid!




Chillaxin' on the ferris wheel





This is a video of the Erics riding the flying shoe



I had to take a video of them on the teacups because it was too fast to get a picture. Little Eric was laughing through the whole ride


No comments: