Sunday, September 18, 2011

We had a fun and busy weekend this weekend. We've been spending a lot of time lately with my friend Marissa and her 3 kids. Saturday we went to West End Creamery. When we got there at 11 we discovered that it didn't open until 12 so we sat at a picnic table and ate lunch. Once it opened we went on the bouncy pillows. Eric would only go on them if Auntie Rissa held him or at least his hand (as most know, me and things that bounce do not mix so I stay far away from such things!). I would love to share pictures of this adventure but I forgot my camera and took a ton with Marissa's camera instead so maybe she'll be nice and email them to me some day (hint hint!). After that we went to Barnes and Nobles to hang out in the kid's section and I bought Eric two new monster books because he has a little bit of an obsession these days. It was a really nice (and cheap!) day! Today we went apple picking at Stowe apple orchard. It's not the best orchard around but it is close by and it has apples and that's all we needed! We went with Marissa and her troops and her mom and stepfather who is currently battling cancer and brain tumors but he was such a trooper and managed to keep up with us!

Eric's always wanted a son and a daughter, I wonder if Marissa will notice if we steal Savannah!


It's important to get on Daddy's shoulders to reach the high apples!




I appreciate that big Eric has been making an effort to take pictures of me and the little guy too so he knows that I am always with him when he looks at these pictures when he's older!








We kind of had to dig to find some good apples since a lot of them got damaged by the "hurricane"







Yummy



Found some good ones!




Chillin with his peeps, eatin some apples



I picked most of the apples while he just walked around eating them!



"Savannah, look how many apples I have!"



Doing some picking




Isn't she just the cutest??? :)



Eric with his best friend Sydney letting big Eric do all the work to find the apples while they wait with their bags



"I think I've got two apples!"




After we went apple picking we came home and Marissa and the troops and my father in law and Dee came over to watch the football game and eat chinese food. It was a crazy house! The kids had a blast but I"m not sure how much of the game the adults actually saw. Here's the three kids playing ring around the rosy:

No comments: