After opening all of his presents at his party he still got more presents from us on his actual birthday. Sorry for the pictures of him in his underwear but this is how he sleeps at night so it's how he woke up! He got a Woody doll like he asked for and a book and a movie and some cars (because we don't have enough of those!)
It was difficult for me to have to work for the first time on his birthday. His birthday fell on a Tuesday which is my long day when I don't normally get home until around 7. So I left my internship for a few hours as a special treat, picked him up from daycare and took him out to lunch at Red Robin. We had a nice lunch and then I dropped him back off at daycare. I think he had a nice birthday!
Now that Eric is three he is doing so many more things. He is able to cut with scissors and really enjoys doing it. He can pedal a bike, he can count to 15 but can go higher when prompted, he can identify some colors but only when we don't ask (he consistantly identifies orange). He can tell us about his whole day, he has a great imagination. He has some of the best phrases and questions. I love when we do activities and he asks everyone "what was your favorite part?" He tells everyone how much fun things are after they are over. He is so full of love (and always has been)- He will randomly just say, "I love you____" and melt your heart. He is such a smart, fun, happy little guy. The only thing is that he has become rather whiny as a three year old but he's working on it and he is also working on listening and will make sure to tell us "I'm listening" so that we are aware of when he's actually doing it. He is also in the "what?" phase. Like he never hears anything anyone says and we're constantly repeating ourselves and then we realize if we wait a minute instead of repeating ourselves he totally hears us he just says "what" most of the time just because!
No comments:
Post a Comment