Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas 2013


Every year at Christmas time I look at my son and think about where we will be next year. I cannot believe he is going to be almost 6 next year. The time just goes by so fast. This year was tricky for Christmas because Eric understands Santa more and more each year so the pressure is on! And his toys seemed to get more expensive this year. Ugh. I tried to get him everything he wanted but I can only do so much. However, he seemed pretty pleased with what he got. All in all it was a great Christmas. He spent Christmas Eve with his dad and then Christmas day we spent the morning at our house opening presents and playing with them. My parents stopped by as well. Then we went to Alex's sister's house for a little bit and then to my parent's house. It was a great day. 
 He was so helpful with putting up the tree. Haha. Insisting on getting inside the box!





 We went to Bass Pro Shop to meet Santa because I think it is the coolest place to go to meet Santa. Eric had a meltdown at the end of the trip. Last year we did this visit with his dad and he was just in a weird funk the entire week. But he at least smiled with Santa!



 of course we made cookies for his friends and for Santa. About half way through decorating them he said to me, "Mama, this is the season of caring and sharing and so I am going to share the rest of my cookies with you for you to finish decorating." So kind of him!


 Dylan and Ryan came over the day before Christmas Eve to make reindeer food, play, and watch the Polar Express. 

























No comments: