Monday, November 17, 2008

All moved in

We moved into our new apartment and have been here for a little over a week. It was quite a move. I had convinced myself that we didn't have much to pack because we were throwing a lot of stuff away and replacing it with all of our new wedding stuff. However, Eric and I quickly discovered that packing the morning your supposed to move never really works out. It was pretty chaotic and we decided not to rent a UHaul truck this time which made for what felt like several hundred trips back and forth on Rt. 9. Once we got here Eric insisted on being completely settled and have everything put away which was not easy for me because I have been so tired when I get home from work. However, Eric did an awesome job putting the place together and it looks great.

We also got the new baby furniture thanks to Eric's cousin Mike and his wife Jess. The furniture is gorgeous and looks brand new. We don't have it set up yet because we found out we can paint the walls here so we've got to tackle that first. Mike and Jess are giving us a list of stuff for the baby so once we find out what the colors are on all of that stuff we will resume painting.

On an upsetting note I decided it would be a good idea to laminate the baby pictures so that they wouldn't get ruined. Thank goodness I saved them on the computer because apparently the heat from the laminator and the ultrasound pictures didn't mix and all the pictures went black. The only picture I don't have on the computer is the very first ultrasound picture we had when they were trying to figure out my due date. I'm not too upset because it really just looked like a piece of rice. So to everyone out there for future reference: heat+ultrasound pictures= a really bad idea!!!

We received some exciting news yesterday via Gramma McNeil. Hopefully I'm not spilling the beans too early but we just found out that my cousin Jane (see the picture of the 4 of us girls) is pregnant. So another chance at a baby girl in the family. This is great grandchild #12. She's due in June so we'll have to wait for a little bit to find out what she's having but if anyone should have the girl in our family it should be one of us girls!!!

And finally, after hearing the news from many people I made a revelation. Apparently the rule/law is that if a child does not have the same exact name as the parent then they cannot be a junior. So our baby boy will just be Eric Charles Hamelin. We will not be torturing our child by naming him Eric Matthew Wagner Hamelin Jr. He will never learn his name!!!

No comments: