Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's been a while

I've just realized how long it's been since I've updated this so I have a lot of recaping to do. Last Friday (the 28th) we went to see Dr. Wojick the pediatric urologist. I was a wreck about this appointment because we were going to see him because he had some concerns about the vcug (x-ray) that was done to diagnose the baby with reflux of the bladder. Thankfully he reviewed the x-rays and told us that everything looked fine. Our pediatrician had told us that in a year we would go to children's hospital to get a nuclear vcug but Dr. Wojick did not feel that that was necessary. Instead, every 6 months we have to go get something done. In March he gets an ultrasound and then 6 months from that he'll get the vcug again etc etc. After each test we go right up to Dr. Wojick's office and he reviews them and lets us know how things look. This sounds much better to me than going to Children's. Apparently we have to go every six months for 2 years and as long as things look good and the reflux is getting better, after that it's every year and a half. We'll have to do these tests until he is 5. That seems so far away but he'll be boarding a bus to kindergarten before we know it!

On another topic.. when we originally moved into our apartment Eric and I both had good jobs and we were doing well financially. Since we've both been laid off for a while it just doesn't seem practical to stay here since our rent is astronaumical. Although we've been able to pay our bills, any extra bills that get thrown our way we just can't pay. So we've decided to move once again. I absolutely hate moving and at this current moment in time we don't know where we are going. We have until Nov. 7th to figure it all out. So I'll keep you posted!

Last Saturday, the 29th, we went to my friend Erin's wedding. I've known Erin since first grade. It was a very nice wedding and it's always good to see the old high school clan. We have our 10 year class reunion next month but I haven't decided whether I want to go or not.

So that's pretty much it for now. We used the new camera at Erin's wedding. We had messed around with it a lot so the settings were all messed up so half the pictures didn't come out because Eric didn't figure out how to get it on the right settings until half way through the wedding. Here are some random pictures:

Us before the wedding. I'm not a big fan of my dress because it looks like I'm still pregnant but I bought it the day before the wedding so there were slim pickins and it's comfortable!


Erin, myself, and Derek. I'm not sure what that is on my dress. There must have been some dust on the camera.



cutting the cake


Nearly everytime I do laundry lately Pokey feels that it is necessary to jump in the dryer. My feeling is if he's going to jump in the dryer, the least he could do is fold some laundry!


When the baby first wakes up most of the time we don't hear a peep out of him. He just lies there sucking his thumb until he wakes up enough to start talking. This is him first thing in the morning. SOOOO cute! (by the way he's been a nakey boy lately because it's warm enough out and he just spits up a decent amount so it's not even worth putting clothes on him unless we leave the house).

No comments: