Things have been relatively calm this week. We had no doctors appointment which is always a nice break. However, I feel like there is always a knot in my stomach about whether Eric is going to have a wet diaper or not and if he doesn't is there a problem etc etc. I even let him pee on the floor tonight after his bath just to see if it was a steady stream (it was in case you're wondering!) and that kicked me in the butt because he also decided to poop on the floor before I could get his diaper on, yikes! He has had diarhea this week which makes us think, is this just a stomach bug or is there something else going on? And if it's just a stomach bug, for crying out loud can't this kid stay illness free for a little bit??? I think he deserves that! Tuesday we go for an ultrasound of his kidneys and bladder and then we meet with the urologist. Hopefully this ultrasound shows improving results.
My last post I talked all about how Eric was walking all around the living room. He really was on a roll and thought it was so much fun. We cheered when he walked and fell and encouraged him to try again if he did fall. But all of the sudden he has lost interest in walking. It almost seems like he fell over one two many times and he's decided that it's just not worth it. I'm sure he'll pick it up again but he was having so much fun with it that I thought he would continually improve instead of stop doing it all together! Now we are stucking holding his hands to walk and kick his ball which is something he wants to do ALL DAY LONG!
Daddy got out of work early on friday and has monday off for the holiday. Today we decided to go to the Ecotarium in Worcester. I had heard good things about it but didn't know what to expect. I went to their website before we went to see what they had there. One of the things that I wanted to do because I knew Eric would like it is go to the planetarium. They had a show that was narrated by Big Bird and Elmo so I knew it would catch his interest, and we were right! He really enjoyed it! He started to get a little restless towards the end but I was pretty impressed that he was able to sit that long and look at what was on the screen.
The Ecotarium was pretty neat. We enjoyed ourselves. I think my favorites were the planetarium and the polar bear. The polar bear was lying on his back and I swear if he rolled the wrong way he was going right off that rock! He reminded me of how Pokey likes to sleep. So of course I took a picture!
This puzzle really caught Eric's interest. There was a little space with activities to do and this puzzle was all he wanted to check out. Of course he more wanted to eat the pieces than do the puzzle but he's learning!
A little boat that Eric and Daddy went on.
I haven't really decided when I will stop taking pictures of him month by month. I think I'll continue it at least until he's two. These 13 month old pictures were taken right after he woke up from a nap. I wasn't expecting him to sleep so long and we had to leave shortly after he woke up so I quickly got him dressed, attempted to get his hair to cooperate (yes he needs yet another hair cut!) and took the pictures. He did pretty well given the circumstances!
I'm waving his silkie in front of him haha
No comments:
Post a Comment