Eric had his surgery on April 6th and it was quick and minimal thankfully. He just needed to have a valve cut to help him pee better and ease the pressure off his bladder. He may eventually need to have another surgery but it all depends on how he grows and changes so time will tell. Hopefully if he needs that we will have the time to get a second opinion first if we wanted one. We like his urologist a lot but if there's any way to avoid surgery we'll try to find it! By the time he got from the recovery room to his room on the floor he acted like he was completely recovered and ready to go! It was exhausting trying to keep him entertained in the hospital but we survived and so far things are going well. He has another ultrasound of his kidneys and bladder in a week and then we meet with the urologist and then in about 6-8 weeks he will have another VCUG to see how things are flowing and we'll go from there. For now we are just trying to enjoy him without having to worry about any potential health problems.
It has taken some time to get back into the swing of things with life. It felt like for a week all I thought about was his surgery so it was strange to not have to think about that anymore and get back to the day to day routine. This means getting back to working on school work. I feel so behind but hopefully I'll catch up and just finish this semester. There's only 3 weeks of my first year of grad school left. This semester's classes were not very interesting but given everything else going on in life, if I make it through this semester I can make it through the rest of grad school!
This weekend we went to Dylan's birthday party. Of course I left my camera at home but in a nutshell it was fun. Eric destroyed Dylan's train tracks as usual and Dylan just deals with it so well! Eric ate Dylan's cake and ice cream with his hands. It was one yummy cake! And I apologize again to Karen and Mike for Eric making a mess all over the floor but he really enjoyed being able to feed himself his cake instead of me feeding it to him!
So I have two videos. The first one was supposed to be pictures but Daddy had control of the camera and decided to take a video instead. Everytime I do the laundry Eric "helps" me. Here is what he does:
Tonight (April 12th) I declared that Eric can walk. I think I'm a little premature but he's so close. Last Friday (April 9th) he walked between Eric and I and he made it the length of the apartment. He has been really good at walking between us but he won't just walk to get things. So tonight for the first time, he stood up on the sliding door to the porch, turned around, and walked to kick his ball. Yeah, not only did he walk on his own but he kicked the ball while doing it. He loves kicking his ball so it was very motivating. I didn't have the video camera ready because it took us by surprise but I did take a video of him walking between Eric and I. Halfway through the video I had to put the camera down because it was distracting him and I wanted him to keep walking. So that's why there's nothing going on in the video for a few seconds. Here he is, our little walker:
No comments:
Post a Comment