Tuesday was a morning of doctors visits. First it was an ultrasound. Normally he just lies there when he gets an ultrasound but not this time! I don't know if he's just sick of being poked and prodded at or if he didn't like that a man was doing the ultrasound instead of a woman but he lost it! He was screaming and fighting the whole way through. I had to hold him while they attempted for what seemed like forever to get the ultrasound. My whole body was sore from trying to hold him. They weren't sure if they were going to be able to get the ultrasound but I told them that they better figure out how to get it because I was not going to go through that again! After the ultrasound we went to see our favorite urologist. Finally some good news- his kidney seems better and he bladder was pretty empty. Phew! I was such a wreck about this appointment so I feel like I can relax a little bit now. We have another VCUG in 2 months and hopefully things will continue to look good.
Eric had a great week with Daddy this week. Eric is such a great dad when daddy is around, no one else exists! I told Eric to spoil the little guy on Tuesday after the rough doctors visit he had so he took him to McDonalds for dinner and West End Creamery for ice cream. When I got home from school at 8:45pm the little guy was wide awake and screaming with excitement, oh boy! Thursday I worked late so it was another Daddy and Eric night. Every thursday the Hebert Candy Mansion has a car show so Eric took him to the show but unfortunately it got rained out. They were still able to enjoy hot dogs from the food stand and they went into the mansion and I was surprised to come home to some fudge, my favorite! They had so much fun. It makes me smile from ear to ear to see the two of them together. Eric is so lucky to have such a fun daddy!
So in my last blog I said that Eric decided he was not interested in walking anymore. Well that has changed. He has realized that if he walks with something in his hand he has a lot more balance. So tonight he was walking EVERYWHERE! He walked from his bedroom to the living room and was testing out walking all around the place. He seems to even have more balance and isn't running to walk in order not to fall. He takes his time to get where he wants to go. He was having so much fun that despite not napping at all today except in the car he didn't want to go to bed! Here is a quick video of him walking around. When I showed Daddy the video he said "look at me, I'm just a bum sitting in the chair like I didn't acknowledge him!" He did acknowledge him a lot just not in the video so I don't hold it against him!
No comments:
Post a Comment