Monday, October 19, 2009

For your viewing pleasure..

I'm getting really behind on blogging! I tried to blog about a week ago but the video I wanted to upload wouldn't upload so I just didn't blog. But I'm back!
So on Nov. 7th we are moving...again. This is the fourth time I have moved in 4 years. I hate moving. I grew up in the same house my whole life so I never had to deal with this before. I told Eric that this is it. No more moving until we buy a house! We love our apartment now despite all the leaking in the winter. It is very homey and in a nice neighborhood and we love love living in Westborough. However, when we moved in here we both had good jobs and could easily afford this place. Once Eric lost his job and I lost mine it became much more of a struggle. We managed to stay afloat and not get into debt and now Eric is back to work. We could technically afford this place now but we don't want to chance it again since we were lucky to make it through the first year. Plus we don't know how long Eric's job will last.
Long story short, we are moving to Grafton. We are going to a much smaller place in an apartment building as opposed to being in a townhouse. The rent is a lot cheaper which means as long as Eric is still working I can stay home with the baby and focus on raising him and going to school. We will also be able to save to buy a house easier in the new place. I am sad to leave this place as I am every place we've moved out of. I am looking at the upside though. The new place is all on one floor and with the baby months away from being very mobile it will be easier to keep tabs on him on one level. If I need to run into another room to grab something I can most likely still keep my eye on him. We will also be closer to family and friends. The heat is included in the new place too so I can crank the heat all winter long without having to worry about the gas bill being huge!
So that's all of our news. This weekend we will be taking Eric trick-or-treating for the first time. We have a birthday party to go to in the afternoon (Happy Birthday Sydney Rose!) and then we have to make a plan to get to family member's houses after that. The baby's costume is ridiculous. I'm not too thrilled about it. We had seen a cute lion costume at Old Navy but at the time we didn't have a ton of money so I told Eric that we should wait to buy it until it goes on sale. Well needless to say it sold out. Eric was very upset because he really wanted it. So he insisted on buying this expensive wizard of oz lion costume. It is going to be quite a process getting the baby in and out of it when we take him out of the carseat but since Eric bought the costume he can be responsible for that! So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully Eric will learn his lesson that a costume like that is not conducive to young children and car seats!

Although we did not find the lion costume at Old Navy we found a hat for Eric that is just like Daddy's hat. See!:





Now that Eric has figured out that your supposed to jump in this he will jump for like an hour straight...

(This video is not the original one that I tried to upload but the other one is too big for blogger to handle. So this is a not as good video but you get the idea!)


No comments: