Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm back!

Wow it has been a long time! I'm not even sure where to begin. So last Friday (Sept. 25th), Eric had his 6 month check up. He is a whole 16 lbs and 26 1/2 inches long! The nurse practitioner said he's doing great. On monday I started him on fruits. I gave him some fruit and cereal for lunch and then veggies for dinner. He did so well that I went full fledged with the nurse's advice and gave him cereal for breakfast, fruit and cereal for lunch, and veggie for dinner the next day. The first couple of days of this he hardly spit up. Lately he has been spitting up a lot more but I don't think it's related to the extra food and more related to an upset tummy/teething/being out of the house all day.

On Sunday, Sept 27th, Eric and I celebrated our one year anniversary of being married. I can't believe that a year has gone by already. A lot has happened in the past year as well! My parents came over and watched the baby. My parents gave us a surprise too. The place that made our cake, The Daily Bread, had given us a coupon to come back in a year and get the top of our cake made instead of freezing it. Well unfortunately the bakery went out of business and so we didn't think we would get our cake. Without us knowing, my parents happened to walk by the bakery one day (it's still there just not open) and saw the owner inside. They knocked on the door (the know the owner, small town living at its finest!) and asked if he could still make our cake. Not only did he make it but he hand delivered it to my parents' house fresh out of the oven. So we got to enjoy our cake after all and it was delicious! To celebrate our anniversary we went out to Maxwell Silvermans, where we got married. They had told us that if we came back on our anniversary we would get free appetizers so we ended up eating our meal their too. It was nice because there were very few people there so it felt like we had the whole place to ourself.

The biggest news of all this week is that baby Ryan is here! My sister went to the doctors on friday Oct. 2 for a check up (she was due Oct 8th). She was 3-4cm dialated and when she stood up to get off the examining table her water broke. So she went right to the hospital. Ryan Samuel Leeds was born at 10:53 pm that night. He weighs 8lbs 10oz and is 19 inches long. He reminds me a lot of Eric. He is very cute. Unfortunately I didn't get to hold him because I have a cold but Uncle Eric jumped right in to hold him now that he's a baby expert. It was weird to have baby Eric in the room with us knowing that just 6 months ago I was in the hospital having him. Time goes by so fast. I can't believe he's a big cousin :). The great thing is that because Ryan and Eric are so close in age it's easy to find clothes that match so I got them a matching outfit!

Picture/video time:

Here he is!


The happy family! Dylan is excited but too busy to pay too much attention to Ryan. He's got a lot of work to do and hard work pays off after all.


So I feel like I'm constantly picking up the camera and taking pictures or videos of Eric with the baby. I had to ask Eric to take some pictures of me with him. The kid is going to think I was missing from the first part of his life!


a little dark but you get the point



He insisted on kneeling in between my legs and he looked cute so I took a picture. Look at those blue eyes!



So part of the reason I haven't blogged in so long is because I've been trying to get a video of the baby babbling but every time I turn the camera on he stops. He does put some consonant-vowels together like : BABA, MAMA, DADA, LALA, YAYA but he kind of lost interest this week. So instead I present a silly video of daddy time. I entitle it "Giggles" (yes the baby is wearing just a diaper and socks haha!):

No comments: