Last weekend we moved to our new apartment. I was sad because even though our old apartment leaked all the time, it felt like a home as opposed to just an apartment. So now we definitely live in what feels like an apartment. I'm getting used to it but there's a constant feeling of unsettlement knowing that this will not be the last place we live. However, if all goes to plan in a couple of years we will be buying a house and then all this moving can just be a distant memory. I cannot wait to settle in one place for the rest of my life.
I took Eric to a different plastic surgeon to schedule to get his extra thumb removed. This will be happening on December 1st. I am very nervous about it just because I get so sick from anesthesia so I hope he is not the same way. I know it needs to be done but it's scary to have to put a baby through this.
On monday I noticed something very exciting in Eric's mouth... a hole for a tooth! I thought I had been seeing teeth since he was 3 months old and even the doctor saw it too but this is a for real sign that a tooth is on it's way. I hope it's here for Thanksgiving!
I took pictures of our old apartment. I haven't taken pictures of the new one yet but I will once everything is completely put away. So here it is, 1003 Windsor Ridge Drive for the last time as our home (we were half packed so it looks a little messy!):
The back patio. That's Eric's canoe (the green thing) that made it's way to our patio. When the baby was a newborn he used to love sitting out here and listening to the traffic on Rt. 9. We also had a lot of fires on warm summer nights out there.
The front from the car. Our apartment is on the left
The living room
The downstairs bathroom
The storage room under the stairs aka Pokey's hiding place
The kitchen
The baby's huge closet, I miss this closet!
The baby's first room:
Looking downstairs to the front door
Upstairs bathroom
Laundry closet
Our bedroom
So I guess for those who are reading this, these pictures aren't all that exciting, especially if you've been there before. But for me I like the memory. I wanted to take all of them so that when Eric gets older he can see where he first lived. It makes me sad that he will go through our current apartment until he settles into our own home and he has a permanent room but we will get there!
Ok I'm done reminiscing about the old place. On to other things... Here are the baby's 8 month old pictures. His hair is getting really long but I'm having a hard time with the thought of cutting it. We will get it done soon though because someone told me what a beautiful little girl I have. Yikes!
He already has the look of a fresh teenager in this picture
You'd think that he can just up and climb right off the chair!
Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks??? He looks like he's 8 months old going on 5 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment