Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Things

We have been trying new foods with Eric. He loves a snack called mum mums. They are waifer crackers and he eats them right up. We also tried the baby food version of turkey and beef. He makes the most horrible faces with these and gags and just makes it so dramatic to eat meat. I keep trying to introduce it to him but it's not going so well. He's got to eat meat eventually! We also tried baby yogurt. He loves it! I'm glad that he likes it because it is good for his urinary tract and will maybe help his reflux of the bladder.
A little note of warning if you are around the baby. No longer is it a good idea to let him chew on your fingers. The tip of his tooth has come in and it is sharp! I found that out the hard way the other day!

My mom brought my gramma over the other day to see the new place. The baby did not want to nap because he did not want to miss their visit. He rarely sits still but my gramma rocked him and he just laid their peacefully looking at her. I had to take a picture because this is a special moment that he probably won't remember but I certainly will.




Eric thought my gramma's cane was very tasty. Here he is playing with it.


Yesterday Eli came over for a little bit. He is so good with Eric. I wish he could entertain him every day! Eric thought he was the greatest thing ever. While I was feeding Eric dinner, everytime Eli came into the room Eric would kick his feet like crazy because he would get so excited. Eli liked giving Eric lots of hugs. In this picture you can see Eli hugging Eric and Eric licking his shoulder (now that he has that tooth his tongue is constantly out of his mouth!)


Cousins (look at that crazy baby hair!)


So for the past week, the baby has been just holding his hands in front of his face and looking at them and moving them around. I have been wondering what he has been trying to do until yesterday when I saw him clapping for the first time. He was trying to figure out how to clap! I tried to get it on video but I was only able to get the tail end of a clap. Here he is clapping and hanging out with Eli:


Here's just a short video of the two of them hanging out

No comments: