Monday, December 10, 2012
broken
I realized that I went by my pictures in regards to catching up my blog and forgot some life events. So at the end of September we were at my sister's house celebrating my nephew's birthday. At the end of the night I heard Eric crying in the boys' bedroom. He said he "fell" off the top bunk. What I really think happened (and we'll never really know because he was the only one in the room) is that instead of using the ladder to get down he slid off the side and then let go and fell the rest of the way. Needless to say after he got up from the fall he was limping. It was late at night so I brought him home and put him to bed and hoped that he would feel better in the morning. When he woke up the next day he was still limping pretty bad. We had some limping issues over the summer so I decided to not panic and go to the ER and instead just stay at home with him and make sure that he got plenty of rest and I gave him some ibuprofen hoping that he would stop limping with that in his system. He never really stopped limping but it seemed to get better. When he woke up the next day (a monday) he seemed to be doing better so I dropped him off at daycare and explained to our daycare provider what was going on with him. She texted me and said that he was crawling around and not really walking at daycare. I made him an appointment with the doctor but when I got him to the doctor's office he was running around like nothing was wrong. He got x-rays done and we had a great person take him x-rays and for the first time he didn't flip out while getting x-rays so that was a plus! Turns out he had a buckle fracture on his foot which means that the bone buckled into itself but it wasn't a complete break. The doctor said it would heal in a few days and that he should just keep his shoes on for extra support. This is why he was crawling at daycare because he didn't have his shoes on, and then running around at the doctor's office because he did have his shoes on. So needless to say about a week's worth of wearing shoes and he was good as new. I'm sure this is one of many visits to the doctors for injuries in his lifetime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment