The little guy and I have had a fun Christmas season so far. He is so into it this year and of course he wants every toy he sees. For some reason, every year when I think about him I always think about how old he'll be next year at this time decorating the tree. Next year he'll be 4 1/2, almost 5. I can hardly stand it. I know it'll be here before I know it. He's growing up so fast and I love seeing him grow and change and how decorating the apartment and tree gets more exciting every year. Here we are decorating the tree:
So normally Eric and daddy put the star on the tree and I take a picture of this. However, it was just me and the little guy so I actually took a picture of him while he was on my shoulders. However, this was unsuccessful because the star wouldn't stay on (One of those frustrating things when I feel like I need Eric and he's not around). So needless to say, we attempted, it failed, and so we just waiting for Daddy to show up and do it for us! I can only do so much!
Last weekend we went to the Bass Pro Shop to meet santa. It was so cool and free, which is even better! So I had both of the Erics with me that day so it was nice. While we were waiting in line there were these little fishing nets that Eric decided he wanted. So instead of telling Santa about all the things that he has wanted for Christmas, the first thing he told Santa about was the net. What a goober.
So this weekend we went to \Edaville Railroad. Big Eric was supposed to come but this has been one of those weekends where our communication has not been good so just me and the little guy went. I always get nervous and a little bummed when I have to do the fun things without Eric. It's a little bit of a shock to the system. When I got there and saw all the rides it hit me that I was going to have to go on every ride which is not normally my role. The first ride the little guy wanted to go on was the ferris wheel. I hate ferris wheels, they make me so nervous. So I held on tight, palms sweating and put a smile on my face and just kept telling the little guy to not move. I survived, and it was the little guy's favorite ride so he got me in to it. I was so thankful when we got up to a ride and was told "this is a kids only ride," Phew! It was an airplane ride and the little guy loved it (see picture below).I was not impressed by Edaville. I would not go again. I'm pretty sure they haven't updated anything there since I was a kid. But the little guy loved it and that was most important. I didn't take him insde to see Santa because how many times can he see that jolly old elf? Anyways, we did the rides, we went on the train and then I convinced him to leave with a reward of a trip to McDonald's because it was cold and I couldn't feel my feet. But I'm glad he enjoyed it. That's all that matters.
Here's a s\uper cute video of him when we lit the tree for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment