Ok so I haven't blogged since August. That is just terrible. Let me give you a list of excuses:
1. My computer was broken forever. Although I have a work laptop I try not to use it too much for personal use (although I'm not that successful when bored at work!). I was waiting for a while in the hopes that some magical correction would save my computer and everything on it but no such luck. So the computer crashed in either september or october and I am just getting a new computer.
2. So here's the biggest reason why I have not blogged in a while. At some point this summer, I think in July, Eric and I separated. This has been such a challenging time for a multitude of reasons. The reality is I needed a break. We have had a very tumultous relationship over the past almost 9 years. We definitely had our good times but our bad times were not pleasant and I tried to be patient and keep things together for my son but the reality is I was not happy and this was effecting everyone and everything. I wanted to find my happiness again and find peace. Peace comes now at night when the little guy goes to bed (at 7:30 or 8 now!) and I light a candle and watch tv while drinking hot apple cider and there is no stress at home. That's peace and it feels really good. However, I still miss Eric and we are working on if nothing else, being friends. We have had our ups and downs (really down) since we've separated but things are getting better. My hope is that we both find happiness in whatever form it comes in. This all being said, it was hard to blog about my life. I did a lot of crying, I was angry, confused, sad, depressed, and everything in between. However, all of these emotions made it hard to blog pretending like everything was ok. I am in a better place now and so I will update my blog and try to keep on top of it going forward. As I blog you may see pictures with Eric in it. I try to include him in things such as traditions or fun things so that the little guy can have us both around and see that we can get along and that we can still do stuff together. As a matter of fact that most recent blog post from when we went to the zoo was from when Eric and I were separated. Life is good, my job is good, my son is happy and I have much more patience with him and do so much more fun stuff with him and everything is going to be just fine.
So let the blogging commence!
No comments:
Post a Comment