Saturday, February 14, 2009

A New Week

Doctor's appointment
On Wednesday I had a doctors appointment. This time I got to see my doctor, thank goodness. I went in with a list of questions and she eased my mind about a lot of things. She said that I shouldn't get sick from any of the medication that they can give me at the hospital and I can pick and chose what I want to take. She also said that I was right, what I thought all along was the baby's bum was in fact the baby's bum and he is starting to turn head down, not feet down. One of my other questions was how big of a baby I might deliver. About a week ago I started to think about my dad. My dad was born over 11 lbs. If I have a baby that big that would guarantee that I would never have another child. So I talked to the doctor about this and she eased my mind that she does not see any signs of this baby being a big baby. However, to make me feel better she scheduled an ultrasound for my next appointment so that I can clearly know that he is head down in there and he will not weigh 11 lbs. Needless to say I left the doctors office feeling much more relaxed.

The Baby Room
Before we went to my doctors appointment we decided to set up the furniture in the room.

Eric did this all with no instructions. I was pretty impressed.


Pokey of course was very helpful


Here's the book shelf, it was already set up, no assembly required


The changing table...

The final product of the crib

We still haven't come to an agreement on how to set up the room. I had it all pictured in my head and it turns out that Eric had a completely different picture. We have it set up but neither of us are completely sold on where we put everything.
Here's all the clothes that the baby has so far. Most of it friends and family have bought.


Eric is not a big fan of change. He normally pays for things with cash and hands me all the change. So I started to put it in this jar. Eric and I have been adding to it along the way for the baby's college fund. We may not have a lot of money but we have a lot of change!


Yoga
Wednesday was a big day. Between the doctors appointment and setting up the baby room. On top of all of this I made a big discovery. I have been so sore lately in my legs and pelvis. One of the families that I work with gave me a prenatal yoga video. I have done it before but I decided to do it again. It couldn't help to stretch out all these muscles that are so sore. After I did the video all the soreness was gone for a good couple of days. I felt like a new woman. I highly recommend this type of excercise to every pregnant woman. I will continue to do this video so I can walk like a normal person!
My Ear
So my ear is still blocked. I told Eric that if it was still blocked by Friday I would go see my doctor. So Friday came and it was still blocked so off to the doctor I went. It was a little awkward because since the last time I've seen her I've gotten married and I'm pregnant and she didn't know any of this news. So she was quite surprised to hear all of this. I LOVE MY DOCTOR in case you've never heard me rave about her before. She never puts a time limit on how long she spends with her patients. She's so involved in her work and puts me totally at ease about everything. Her husband works at her office and he weighed me before I saw her. I told him to put a note on my chart that I'm very pregnant so I really didn't just gain a ton of weight since the last time I saw her! My doctor told me how great I look for how far along I am. She said I will lose the baby weight like nothing. Now that's what I like to hear! So if anyone needs a new primary care physician I highly recommend her!
The end result of my ear problem is that everything I normally do to unblock my ear was not working because the blockage is behind my ear drum. Actually both my ears have significant blockages. So she put me on amoxicillin and wanted me to take sudafed as well. However, Target did not have the sudafed I needed so I think I"ll just stick to the amoxicillin and let that work it's magic. I should have asked her for the liquid amoxicillin. I used to loooove taking that when I was younger. I loved the way it tastes!
Friday
After my doctors appointment I went and hung out on my mom's floor of the hospital until she got out of work. She works at the hospital where all my doctors are and where I will be delivering the baby (St. Vincent's Worcester Medical Center). After my mom was done with work we went to Babies R Us to pick out a travel system. Eric and I had picked one out but it was being tested for lead so we had to pick something else. While in the store a woman walked by with her travel system and raved about it. So we tried out the model at the store. One of the sales girls helped teach me how to work every function of the travel system. I felt kind of dumb because I've never operated such things before so I got a lot of practice! We ended up getting the one the woman recommended and I'm very pleased (thanks mom and dad!). Now I can teach Eric how to use it which I'm sure if I left him alone with it he'd figure it out all by himself in about 2 minutes unlike me.
After our trip to Babies R Us we were going to meet Eric and my dad for dinner at Applebees. It turned out that my sister, Mike, and Dylan were up in Millbury at Carters so they met us there as well. It turned into a big family dinner at Applebees! Dylan colored a picture that they hung up on the wall. It was a nice night out with the family.
While all of this was happening my gramma was being taken by ambulance to the hospital. She should be ok but it's just another bump in her progress. She was supposed to be my surprise guest at my baby shower but unless she gets out of the hospital today and feels up to coming to the shower tomorrow, I think she's going to miss it. I'm sad but it's more important to me that she is feeling ok. She's such a trooper, I don't know how she does it.
Stay tuned for the baby shower entry!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: