Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He'll be here before I know it!!

Last night I dreamt that I walked into the doctor's office and they said to me "You're ready to have this baby now." That did not happen today at my doctor's appointment but that's ok because I know he's coming!

I had an ultrasound first thing when I got there today. It was much harder to tell what was what in the pictures because he's so compact in there. However, he is indeed very head down. He's down pretty low actually. The tech told us that according to the ultrasound he is 5 lbs. 7 ounces. I know that this could be off, she said by at least 10 ounces. But figuring that he will gain about a half a pound a week he will most likely be anywhere between 7 lbs. 7 ounces and 8 lbs. 7 ounces. We'll see how accurate that is! I am totally happy with a nice 7 pounder! The good news is that I have not gained any weight in the last two weeks! His heart beat was also nice and strong 138 bpm.

Next was the visit with the doctor. I had to sign a form that talked about all the things that could happen during delivery. The form made Eric a little nervous but the doctor eased his mind. Then she did the exam to find out that I am 2 1/2 cm dialated and 50% effaced. That is very exciting. I could tell that his head was in a pretty good position and that I was dialated but 2 1/2 cm??!!! I know I could stay like this for a while but I'm not sure I will make it to my due date which I am totally fine with. I'm just going to take the cue from my doctor and hope that I can stop working earlier than planned!

So that's the scoop. Stay tuned!

No comments: