Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pokey's Great Adventure

Last night I thought Pokey was a goner...

Among one of the many things wrong with this apartment, our front door doesn't always stay closed, especially if it's windy out. I remind Eric about 100 times a day to lock the door so it won't fly open because Pokey will instantly head outside when he sees the door open.

Last night Eric came home from his friend's house and immediately fell into a deep sleep. Call it motherly instinct but something told me he did not lock the door. Sure enough the front door was wide open and Pokey was no where to be found. I tried waking up Eric to tell him that Pokey was outside somewhere to which he responded "Don't worry about it, lie back down." Clearly he was too asleep to understand what I was saying.

So off I went on a hunt outside to find Pokey. I'm calling him and calling him and he is no where in sight. I had no idea how long he had been outside. So I storm back into the house all upset and was yelling at Eric to wake up. I tried again to explain the situation. Eric rolled out of bed, went downstairs, opened the door, and there was Pokey right in front of the door. I was so mad that I did all that work trying to find him and Eric got to be the hero! Unbelievable!

Needless to say, Pokey knows who cares because he came right upstairs and snuggled with me and wanted nothing to do with Eric all day today. Ha!

No comments: