The next few nights went much smoother except that Daddy does not wake up to Eric crying on the monitor or right next to him and when woken up by me he is a groany Daddy but his groans have significantly decreased as the week has gone on. Now Eric only wakes up about every 3-4 hours for a bottle so really he's only waking up once a night if we feed him real late and then early in the morning. So we're all pretty rested.
The adventure has been figuring out the right bottle. We had bought Playtex Advanced Aire Flow something or other and they came with fast and slow nipples. The fast nipples made him spit up like crazy and the slow nipples were so darn slow that it took him forever to get through a bottle and he'd fall asleep and we were afraid he wasn't getting enough formula because he'd give up halfway through the bottle. It was too tiring for him! So last night we went to Walmart and found the Nuk bottles that come with medium flow nipples and were reasonably priced. Needless to say these bottles are working out much better and he seems happier and is drinking a lot but not spitting up uncontrollable amounts.
The other thing that plagued us this week was mommy vs. the migraine. Monday night I started getting a headache and Tuesday all day it was so bad I couldn't even sit up without being in a whole lot of pain. I have never had migraines before and I rarely get headaches so the pain was pretty intense. I tried everything on Tuesday to get it to go away and it finally subsided towards the end of the day but I had tried so much stuff to make myself feel better that I had no idea what worked. So I made it through the night and then low and behold it came back with a vengence on wednesday. We took Eric to his first doctors appointment and then I called my OB because I could not go on with these headaches. The conclusion was that I was getting them from the spinal I had. The solution: lots of caffeine. I have never drank so much coke in one day but I won the battle of the migraine.
My best friend Heather came up from CT on Wednesday and we had a nice visit. Thursday my mom brought cousin Dylan up and then my sister came over. After that we went on his first trip to Harry's pizza with Dylan, Auntie Karen, and Uncle Mike. We then stopped at meme and pepe's house and they watched the baby so we could do some grocery shopping. It was quite a busy night!
One week old

Baby's first bath by mommy and daddy

Daddy went to the store and got me this sure. We got a quick picture and then Eric spit up all over it.



No comments:
Post a Comment