


Wednesday was Eric's second doctor's appointment. We were not pleased with how his first doctors appointment went and we were going to switch doctors. Thankfully we had a great experience this time because we saw the nurse practitioner and she was wonderful. We will now be making appointments with her every time. She sat down with us for a while just giving us information and making us feel comfortable about all the things we are seeing with the baby. This appointment also including the big weigh-in to see if he was up to his birth weight yet. Well, he surpassed that above and beyond. He now weighs 6 lbs 13 oz. He gained 10 ounces in one week!! What a piggy! He also grew an inch so he is now 20 inches long. What a big boy. We were so proud of him :).
After the doctors appointment we went to visit my mom on the floor she works on at the hospital. The minute we stepped foot into view of her floor we were surrounded by all of the nurses on the floor wanting to look at the baby. He was quite the hit!
That night we stopped by my parent's house and my mom took off the rest of Eric's belly button thingy. It was only hanging by a thread. I was looking forward to giving him an actual bath today but Eric insisted that I do one more sponge bath because his belly button was still oozing a little bit. I figured I would give Eric piece of mind and we did one more sponge bath.
That's our excitement so far for this week.
Oh! One more thing, now I can tell everyone.... My sister is 3 months pregnant :) Congratulations Karen and Mike! Holidays are going to be busy with all these kids around now!
No comments:
Post a Comment