Today I woke up not feeling so great. I didn't sleep much and was just physically exhausted. I took a shower and felt like I needed a 3 hour nap afterwards. Since all I had to do for work today was a direct session I decided to cancel my day and stay home and relax. About halfway through the day today I received some interesting news. Turns out the company I work for is basically shutting down the entire home-based therapy department which means that as of March 31st we are all unemployed. I never saw this coming. I really thought my job was pretty secure. It's just so strange that this is the job I've been at the longest and I've been there off and on for 3 years and now it's over. I may be able to get another job within the company but we'll see. I think, however, I am the only one who is actually happy about this news because on top of all of the money we saved for my maternity leave, I can collect unemployment which means I can take 3 months off for maternity leave as opposed to 2 and maybe more if it takes time to find a new job. Hopefully Eric will go back to work soon though so we can have some sort of security.
I had my weekly doctors appointment today. For some reason Eric decided to go to the bathroom right in the middle of the most important part of the appointment! We had a bet going on whether I was more dialated then last week. I thought I was and Eric thought everything was the same. After hearing the baby's heart beat and hearing that he has dropped even lower than last week, the verdict was in... I won the bet :). I am now 3 1/2 centimeters dialated which means I'm currently dialating about a centimeter a week. So with all the news about getting laid off my next decision was easy. This will be my last week of work as of right now. I'm not sure if I'll even make it through this week but we will see.
This doctors appointment really got Eric moving which made me happy. Everytime I ask him to do things lately he keeps putting it off because he has insisted that I am not having the baby until the 22nd. Well after the doctors appointment he was nervous and excited all at once. The first thing he did was drive to babies r us and get a base for the car seat for his car and he installed it in the parking lot. He then installed mine in my car and fixed the crib (one of the screws was loose). I was able to cross several things off of our to-do list!
Once we got home I discovered my favorite thing to discover at home, leaky windows!!! Our bedroom window is leaking again but at least the baby room is not leaking... yet. We are so not signing another lease here. This is the third time this has happened this winter all because the stinkin' gutters are not installed right. It's a good thing we held off on cleaning the carpets. Hopefully this is the last storm of the year so we don't have to worry about this when the baby is here.
Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I start feeling some contractions soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment