Friday, August 14, 2009

So much to post, so little time!

This has been a crazy week. So I'm going to make a list of things to talk about so hopefully I don't forget anything:
-cereal update
-crib update
-urologist
-swimming
-back to work
-rolling over
-5 months old

Cereal Update:
The baby is doing great with the cereal. He prefers it being pretty thick like oatmeal but he gobbles it up. We will be starting him on veggies soon because I know his bottles are just not satisfying him anymore. Plus I've been taking my sweet old time starting him on cereal and veggies, it's time to pick up the pace!

Crib Update:
He continues to do ok sleeping his crib. Some nights he doesn't move at all and other nights he is all over the crib and wakes up a few times during the night. Tonight I brought him home around 10pm and he was wide awake the whole car ride. I thought for sure he would fall asleep, happy to be in his carseat. It was almost as if he knew he was tired but that he's a big boy and sleeps in his crib. The minute I put him in his crib he crashed. He even takes long naps during the day in his crib. I'm very happy that that battle wasn't too hard to tackle. I just feel bad that he doesn't get as solid of a sleep at night because there's so much space for him to wiggle around.

Urologist:
Last week out of the blue the pediatrician called to tell us that she had the pediatric urologist that we had seen previously take a look at Eric's x-rays a month after he had them done and was diagnosed with reflux of the bladder. The urologist apparently saw some other concerning things but the doctor gave me no details. All she said was that it was nothing big and he wouldn't need surgery or anything. I nearly had a heart attack. So of course I called the urologist to hear straight from the source. I talked to the nurse and she again told me it didn't look like anything overly concerning. We were supposed to have a follow up appointment in October for his hydroseal that he has in his testicle so I asked if we should see him sooner and she said she'd call back. So on Monday I get a call that the urologist wants to see us this month. So Eric has an appointment on August 28th. Hopefully everything will turn out fine and I can relax.

Swimming:
On monday I took the baby swimming for the first time at my friend Marissa's house. He loved it. He didn't even shiver and the water was so cold! He kicked his feet and everything (pictures and a video to follow!). Eric felt bummed out that he wasn't there so he came today and was able to take the baby swimming. The baby's face accidently went into the water twice for a few seconds and it was like he knew just what to do. He didn't swallow a mouthful of water. He just acted like it was no big deal and that he's been swimming underwater forever (maybe he is still used to being in my belly so he's not out of practice yet!).

Back to Work:
This week I started doing some private therapy with a little girl that I used to work with. It is definitely nice to be able to contribute some money to this family but it is so much harder to work when I have to either find someone to watch the baby or bring him with me! On Tuesday Marissa watched him and he was fussy but then crashed for 2 1/2 hours. It was a lot of work to get the baby and myself packed up and ready to go. Thankfully I'm only working 2 1/2 hours three days a week but it is a lot of work and I'm travelling all the way to Gardner so it really takes up a good portion of my day. It's worth it and I'm glad to be working with this particular child again. I just need to get into a routine of getting him and myself out of the house. It also makes me a little sad because I feel like he didn't get a lot of time with me on those days this week. Next week I'll probably be bringing him with me two of the days so I at least don't have to leave him. On Wednesday I took him with me. The little girl's grammy was going to keep an eye on him for me but he didn't really know her so I ended up keeping him with me the whole time which was not the ideal situation. I feel bad because I want to make sure that the mom of this child feels like she's getting her money's worth and it's a little difficult with a baby on my arm. Thursday my mom took him and he did really well. He went to story hour at the library with his cousin Dylan and enjoyed that. He went in his excersaucer and Dylan entertained him while my mom made lunch (mom, pictures please!). I was so happy when Thursday was over, it was such a long week.
Eric went back to work as well. He worked two days and then he's not going back to that particular job site for a few weeks. However he may start either next week or the week after with another union company at the same place (the DCU center). So it seems like things are starting to look up. At least we both have some work. Neither of our jobs are permanent but they're getting us ahead so we can get some bills paid off which is nice.

Rolling Over:
On Wednesday night the baby rolled over from his back to his stomach 3 times. When I brought out the camera he stopped. He's much more interested in rolling around these days but not when I have the camera rolling.

5 months old:
Not a lot to say about this but he is getting so big! Pictures to follow...

Ok so now for the pictures. I apologize to everyone seeing me in a bathing suit but hey, I had a baby and you can't find a good bathing suit at the store this late in the summer so cut me some slack! And Marissa, I'm posting the pictures of you because you're pregnant, you have an excuse for a tummy!
(Again, ignore the dates on these pictures, my camera is about to kick the bucket but I'm hoping to get a new one for my birthday, hint hint!)


Marissa had this tube that she had blown up for him but he was not a fan.




This was today (friday) swimming with Daddy






















Man do I need a haircut! That comes on monday!







Chillaxin:




My friends Lindsay and Becky bought Eric some really cute clothes. We put these really cute jammies on that she had gotten. I didn't realize that the feet say "scoop me up" I thought that was so cute so I took a picture! (In the meantime Eric is trying to grab his foot to eat it!)



Oh here comes Mr. Silly 5 Month Old:

Oops the flash got him with his eyes closed!


Happy baby!


Ok so I missed a little on this one because we were taking these at night and the lighting was bad and the camera was just showing a blank screen so I did my best!


Eyes closed but happy!


such a big boy!



This is a video of him swimming. He was automatically kicking his feet like he knew how to swim! This is what I felt through the end of my pregnancy!

No comments: