We had an interesting New Years Eve. We went out to dinner at applebees in Millbury around 7ish. The baby didn't need to eat until 8:30 so we had finished up at 8:20 and figured we'd just feed the baby when we got home since we only live 10 minutes away. We got stuck in the parking lot for 20 minutes however because there was a fire or something at the movie theater and they had to evacuate that parking lot first. So we rushed to try to get home once we got through all that. Unfortunately Eric rushed a little too much and got pulled over. He didn't get a ticket but at this point I seriously didn't think we would ever get home. I was really hoping to get the baby to bed by 9 but that didn't happen. After all was said and done it took us an hour to get from Millbury to Grafton! The baby didn't go to bed until almost 10pm. What a disaster. So now I will never wait to feed the baby again!
Ok so here is 2009 in review (copying Marissa!):
January- Eric and I brought in the new year by sleeping through it :). I set the alarm to wake up to see the ball drop. Being very pregnant I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back the ball had already dropped. So I fell back asleep. January was a pretty quiet month.
February- Eric turned 27. I had my baby shower and by the end of the month I was already 2 1/2 cm dialated and 50% effaced!
March- Pokey goes on his first great adventure outside. Our little man joins the world on March 13, 2009, 2 weeks and a day early. I get laid off from my job.
April- Eric goes to his first birthday party for his cousin Dylan who turned 2. He found his thumb and he rolled over for the first time.
May- We went to see a plastic surgeon about getting Eric's extra thumb removed but we weren't impressed with her. Pokey goes on another great adventure. Eric started going longer between bottles. He starts sleeping in his carseat at night making sleep much easier. I celebrate my first mother's day.
June- We take our first trip to CT to visit Heather. Eric goes to the beach for the first time and puts his toes in the water. Eric gets a UTI causing a lot of stress on us. His first fever and sickness but we survived! He slept through the night for the first time but then we discovered that it was because he had a fever. Eric celebrates his first Father's Day.
July- Eric got diagnosed with reflux of the bladder. He is sleeping through the night consistantly. He is rolling over both ways regularly. We took our first trip to Dean Park and Thumbs Up Creamery.
August- I celebrate my 28th birthday and get accepted to BC's MSW program. We try cereal with the baby again and this time it becomes part of his daily diet. Once he gets used to this we started veggies. The baby goes swimming for the first time. The baby is sleeping in his crib instead of his carseat at night.
September- I start grad school. Eric goes back to work finally. The baby starts drinking out of a sippy cup. He also starts using an excersaucer which he loves. Eric and I celebrate our 1 year anniversary of being married.
October- The baby starts babbling using vowel-consanant sounds. Ryan is born on October 2nd. Eric celebrates his first Halloween. He was a pumpkin/lion.
November- Eric gets his first haircut. He celebrates his first Thanksgiving and is actually able to eat some of the meal. I help my mom cook and learn all the tricks of making a Thanksgiving dinner. We move to Grafton.
December- The baby gets his extra thumb removed. He celebrates his first Christmas and meets Santa for the first time. He also goes sledding for the first time.
I cannot believe that the baby is going to be a year old soon. Time passes so fast. I know this blog would have been more exciting with pictures but I got lazy. I'm sure I missed some important events but this is about it. I'm looking forward to a new year with a new beginning. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment