Friday, January 22, 2010

Who is this kid???

Out of no where this week, the baby has been doing all sorts of new things. Since I posted the crawling video he is getting around everywhere. On Thursday he couldn't crawl on my parents' hardwood floors. Tonight (friday) he did it no problem. Wednesday (1/20/10) he started waving. It's very cute. I will get it on video. He's also pointing. Not to make a choice but just randomly and sometimes he'll point after we point.
He's also been trying new foods. He has had chicken nuggets, hot dogs, mac and cheese, and grill cheese. It was so cool that the past two days he has had lunch with his big cousin Dylan and they were able to eat the same things.
The biggest shocker of all happened today. When he woke up this morning I found him on his knees holding on to the side of the crib. I told Eric that we are going to have to move his mattress down ASAP. We made plans to do it this weekend as well as really baby proofing this house (I know we're a little slow on this but we keep a good eye on him). So we put him to bed tonight and he apparently wasn't interested in sleeping. Eric claimed that he saw him standing up in his crib for a minute and then falling back down. I went in to see him and rocked with him for a minute and then put him back to bed. This time I kept peeking in on him. I saw him standing at the back of his crib playing with his mobile. Then he sat down, turned around and stood up at the front of his crib. I had to take a picture and risk going in there one more time. I can't believe how quickly he's figuring all of this out. A week ago I was worried that he wasn't going to put it all together to get to a standing position and now he's sitting up, crawling and standing, all in one week. So here's the proof, thankfully he finally went to sleep after having to have him lie in our bed for a little bit:





1 comment:

Trauterman Family said...

where did "baby" eric go????