Wednesday, January 13, 2010

hello again

Life has gotten so busy that I have completely forgotten about my blog! I went back to work three weeks ago just a couple of hours a week. It's time consuming however because I have to drive to the south shore for work. I'm not sure how worth it it is but we'll see what the next few weeks bring.
The baby had his 9 month doctors appointment on the 29th when he was practically 10 months old. He weighs a whopping 18 lbs 5 oz and is 29 1/2 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile for height and only the 10th percentile for weight. The doctor is not too worried about his weight because he's more mobile so he's burning more calories. He is still not crawling but he is so close. He has become an expert at sitting up on his own and we've been working hard on trying to crawl and walk. He will stand on his own for a few seconds and he has taken a few steps between Eric and I on his own. He seems to be getting much more confident on his feet.
He is 10 months old today. I cannot believe how close he is to his first birthday. Every time he becomes a month older we are one month closer to not having to buy formula! That's what I'm excited about :) man that stuff is expensive! He's started a lot more finger foods and is starting to strongly detest certain foods. Today I was getting frustrated because I was trying to feed him the baby food version of a turkey and vegetable dinner. He kept sticking his fingers in the spoon before I got it in his mouth or not moving his tongue out of the way when the spoon went in and getting it everywhere, etc etc. I was getting very frustrated and by that point he had gotten it all over his clothes so I just gave him the spoon and the bowl and told him to have at it. Well my mistake because apparently to him having at it meant throwing the bowl on the floor and getting his food all over the floor and wall. I was not too pleased. We are going to have to work on spoon use. If he had more teeth I would be more confident with finger foods but I feel limited and I also need more ideas for finger foods so if anyone has any suggestions let me know!
Ok picture time...

10 month old pictures:











Such a miserable child huh?


He made his first works of art last week. We painted a picture for my dad's birthday and one for our fridge. He wasn't totally into it so it was a quick activity. I bet if he could do this with his lunch though it could last all day!


concentrate!


Ok so I apologize for my husband's outift. He is wearing clothes just long johns after work but this video is funny so don't look at him and just look at the baby :)

No comments: