Saturday, January 2, 2010

A precious life

The other night I had a terrible dream. I dreamt that I was diagnosed with lung cancer (of all things!) and one of my lungs was completely full of cancer and the other was 50% cancerous (if that is even possible). I must have been crying in my sleep because I was crying throughout the dream and all I kept thinking was that I couldn't leave the Erics. My husband would be devestated and the baby would grow up without a mom. I told Eric that I would do anything I could to get better.
I probably had this dream because now that I have my only family I am constantly thinking about how precious life is. I just finished reading a book where the father dies of cancer. Whenever I hear stories of people dying to young or parents losing their children, my heart aches much more than ever.
It makes you come to grips with how precious life is. Anything can happen. I try and sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail but I try to not take any day with my Erics for granted. I am very lucky to have the both of them in my life and I hope we all live long and healthy lives together.

No comments: