For the past week Eric has not been napping well if at all during the day which at times can be exhausting for me because I know that he's tired. I knew he was teething and on Tuesday he was walking around all morning with his tongue sticking out of his mouth. I decided to check and see what was going on in his mouth and bravely stuck my finger in his mouth and found a new tooth. It is not one of the ones I thought was coming in and it's far enough back where it should be a molar but I don't think it is a molar so I'm not sure what's going on there. With our luck he'll need oral surgery because his teeth are growing in in all the wrong places (just being dramatic!).
I will need to take a video to update what Eric's new favorite thing to do is: chase Pokey. He goes after that cat ALL DAY LONG! Poor Pokey takes it so well but every once in a while he'll scratch him to show him who's boss. Eric doesn't even cry when Pokey scratches him so half the time I don't know Pokey got him until a check him out later on and see scratches all over his hands/arms.
So today Eric is 14 months old. He is doing some new things. He says what sounds like "Thank you" and he makes a p-p-p noise for "up" when he wants to be picked up (which is all the time and we're trying to break him of that!). He throws random other words in here and there but he just babbles so much all day long. It is the cutest thing ever. Especially when I'm on the phone and he wants to talk to the person on the other end. He will go on and on. Even when I text someone he thinks I"m calling someone and will start talking in the phone. He is taking baths in the big tub now which he absolutely loves. However, one of the challenges of this is that he walks in the tub which makes me so nervous so when he starts doing that I take him out. I can't wait for him to clearly understand "not safe"! He is becoming much more independent with his new found walking freedom. For the most part it is a good thing and we try to give him as many opportunities to walk as possible: around stores, outside, to the mailbox, etc. However, with this new found independence has come a lot of stubborness and some tantrums because he thinks he can do whatever he wants now. So it's been fun trying to set limits. Thankfully he's fairly easily distracted and will just move on. Tantrums don't last long, especiall if Pokey walks by him! He has also learned how to climb off of things safely. Eric has been working hard with him to show him how to get off of our bed safely which translates well to other furniture. He has taught him to turn around on his belly and slide feet first off the bed. He does amazingly well with this.
Mother's day was much more successful this year than last year. Eric woke up at 5am which he never does but Daddy kept him entertained in the morning while I closed our bedroom door and relaxed until about 9:30a. I remember when I was younger and I used to sleep until 2:30 in the afternoon, I don't know how I did that! We took Eric's mom out for a nice lunch to Mom's Restaurant. After that we went to my parent's house for dinner.
Ok picture time:
Pictures of him monthly are getting harder to take now that he knows how to get off the chair. He does not want to sit there and have his picture taken.
hmmm

No comments:
Post a Comment