Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July weekend

Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Probably because it is the only summer holiday and I love the summer! I also love cookouts and fireworks. We made it to one cookout and one firework display. A little disappointing from previous years but it was something. We've decided that if we ever get a house we will be having cookouts every year!

We have had a busy weekend so far. On friday we went to my parent's friend's house for a little cookout. Eric enjoyed walking around with a chicken leg just gnawing away on it (I just discovered today that he is getting another tooth so that's probably why!). He had a lot of fun but I'm not going to lie, I was exhausted. They have a pool and lots of steps so I had to stay close by to him and he was really interested in exploring their yard which meant I was on my feet chasing him most of the time (Eric came a little later to the cookout because he had to go to his dad's house).

After the cookout we went to the usual Northbridge fireworks. I could not believe how many people were at those fireworks! We sat with big cousin Eli and that just made Eric's night. He loooves Eli. We weren't sure how he would do at the fireworks but he loved them. He kept pointing at them and saying "wow" and clapping when everyone else clapped.

On Saturday we went out to breakfast with my gramma and Ted. It was a nice start to the day. After that we had to go to Eric's dad's house to pick up some stuff and then we headed to my parent's house so Eric could finish up his portion of the job on the new porch that him and my brother-in-law put on the front of their house. Then we went back to Eric's dad's house and then went out to eat at George's Surf and Turf. We were exhausted by the time we got home.

Today felt like we were in the car all day going no where. We started off grocery shopping which took a while. Then we had to pick up Eric's brother Tyler in Uxbridge and then go to Blackstone to pick up Tyler's girlfriend, then go to Worcester for the summer nationals. It was lame, I'm not going to lie. What a waste of money. We tried to feel out what was going on there before we paid the ridiculously over-priced cover charge to get in. There were a few cars there but Eric kept asking around and people told him that there were things going on so we paid to get in, stood around for 2 hours, ate some fried dough and took off. There was nothing there. Maybe a few fancy cars but it was nothing like it has been in the past. They are doing the burnouts tonight but it was too late for Eric to be up watching them so we dropped Tyler and his girlfriend off, picked Ray up and then Eric dropped me and Eric C off and him and Ray headed back to see the burnouts. I was exhausted by the time we get home. His brothers need to get their licenses or we need to just invest in a meter for the car! So it was an uneventful fourth. I wish I had seen some fireworks today but that's ok. Some fireworks over the weekend are better than none at all!

Eric and his chicken leg at the Cronin's cookout


Notice how the chicken leg is in every picture


And there it is again


Daddy got Eric a glow necklast at the fireworks. He loved it so much that he fell asleep in the truck holding it in the air :) so sweet


Being at my parent's house makes me really look forward to the day when we have a house and can spend lots of time outside and playing in a kiddie pool and a sprinkler. Those days will come soon enough and I'm so glad that we can at least go over there to play. On Saturday Eric got his first taste of running through the sprinkler at my parent's house.


Someone's a little thirsty!

My mom had to water her flowers so she filled up a little watering can and gave it to Eric to help. He spilled out the water just as quickly as my mom filled it but he had fun!








No comments: