Sunday, July 4, 2010

Here comes the bride

Last weekend was our first date weekend in a looong time. Eric Charles had his first sleepover at Meme and Pepe's house. Eric and I had a gift certificate that we had won 2 years ago at the union christmas party and we used it at 111 chophouse in Worcester. It was delicious! After that we went to play pool at the Green Room in Uxbridge, something we used to love to do together. However, by 10pm we were both yawning and ready for bed. We are getting old! We got up early the next morning for Eric's cousin Sarah's wedding. When I had first married Eric I asked around to find out if Sarah had Hamelin as her last name. Although she used to she had changed it when her mom remarried so we didn't have to worry about having the same name when I married Eric. Ironically though, we are only about 2 weeks apart in age. Both born in the same month and year. Kinda crazy huh?
The wedding was at the Botanical Center at Roger Williams Zoo. It was really beautiful in there. After the wedding their reception was at Dave's parent's house where there was a pool for everyone to cool down in. I went and picked Eric up and got bathing suits and we spent the whole day there. It was nice to be able to bring Eric with us so he could enjoy the pool and spent some time with his cousin Zach and his new cousin Sean (both Sarah and Dave have 5 year old sons from previous relationships and they are very excited to now be brothers!).

The happy couple
















You can't tell from this picture but the water was purple! My favorite color!

No comments: