I have been thinking about what Eric's first word was. It's kind of like when he started walking. I can't pinpoint and exact time when he started walking because before he was a year he would take a few steps between Eric and I. Then he would take more steps. I guess I would consider him really walking when he was walking around the house as opposed to just between Eric and I.
So when thinking about his first words I had to really think this through. He has certain things that when he says them I know what he's looking for. For instance, he says "me me" when he wants something to drink. He says a "puh puh" when he wants to be picked up or if he sees an animal but if he sees an animal the "puh" is followed up by grunting haha. I've also heard him say "meme" when he sees my mom and he does say "mama" but he seems to use it universally in a sense that everyone is mama. However in the last two weeks it has become clear to me what I've decided his first word is because he never calls anything else this and he knows exactly what it is. That word is "ball." Which is interesting because when he started walking he walked while kicking a ball so balls seem to be a theme in his development. He nearly had a heart attack the other day in Walmart when he saw the giant bin of balls and just kept yelling "ball ball ball!" over and over again. If I'm watching the Soap channel, sometimes they put a beachball in the place of the O in the word "soap" which causes him to continually point it out. So if I had to decide what his first word is, that would definitely be it. He's also started identifying other people's noses so watch out if he comes at your face with his pointer finger!
No comments:
Post a Comment