This week was my first week back to work almost full-time in over a year. It would have been a much easier transition if I didn't have to worry about how Eric would do being away from me. The daycare that he is going to was closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was able to start work on Wednesday because my friend Melissa took care of him. It was so hard to leave him and all I could do at work all day was hope that the day went by fast so I could get home and see him. Of course when I got home he was busy playing and wasn't as excited to see me as I was to see him :(. I think he was a little mad at me that day. The next day he went to my parents house. I'm so greatful to them for taking him because he absolutely loves going over there and it made my day easier knowing that when he's there he is having so much fun. On Friday he started at his new daycare. I dropped him off and he went right over to check out their new puppy and was not interested in saying goodbye to me at all. I didn't mind though because I'd rather have him feeling comfortable somewhere and too distracted to say goodbye then to scream and cling to me and not want me to go. I would never make it to work if that happened. So of course he had a great day at daycare. There are a few boys that go there that are around his age so it is nice for him to be around that. I was told that his favorite part of the day was circle time when the kids were singing songs. For those who know Eric well he is very into dancing lately so I can just picture him bopping his head up and down while the kids were singing.
Next week will be better for him because he won't be going to a different place every day. I don't work on Mondays as for right now so he only goes to daycare Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and goes to my parents' house on Thursdays. I know he will have a fun week. Frankly I think he was getting a little bored staying home with me anyway. He is such a trooper and I'm so proud of him for doing such a good job this week. Our daycare provider, Jen, described him as being an angel all day :). He's such a good kiddo we are so lucky to have him!
Jen, sends pictures of the daycare kids to the parents throughout the day so that they feel connected to their kids while we are at work. Unfortunately my cell phone is messed up and for some reason I cannot receive picture text messages (perhaps I should call Verizon about this!). So thankfully she emailed me a picture of him playing in the car outside:
No comments:
Post a Comment