Ok so I'm going to be honest here. I really don't like Halloween. I don't like getting dressed up and I also don't like torturing my son by making him wear a Halloween costume that he hates. However, I tried to be in the spirit of the day. We made sure to call little miss Sydney Rose to say happy birthday but here's a little shout out to her: HAPPY FOURTH BIRTHDAY NYDNEY ROFE! This morning Eric Charles painted the pumpkin we bought that we were going to carve a while ago and we just never did it. Eric Charles and I both have colds so we were both pretty tired today. We really didn't have a costume for him. What we had was the lion costume that Daddy insisted on getting him last year that was way too big for him so he ended up being a pumpkin instead. So my plan was to have him wear the lion costume this year even though I knew he would hate it. I was praying that it would fit because I literally didn't have him try it on until this afternoon. Needless to say it fit but he was not too happy about it. We didn't even bother trying to put the head piece of him. He hates hats let alone a mane. It also had little slippers to go with it but he wouldn't let us put those on him. So basically he was a kid wearing half of a lion costume and pumpkin socks. We all will enjoy this holiday more when he is actually into getting dressed up and can pick his own costume. So we ended up only going to my parents' house and then picked up harry's pizza on the way home and called it a night. An uneventful day but we were able to watch the Patriots win so that was a bonus!
So the pictures are a little backwards in order of the day but you'll get the jist of our day:
My dad forgot to smile but I was trying to get an action shot of Eric just hanging out on the couch

Even lions must sweep up their cheezit crumbs!

Chillin with meme on the fire place.

Roar!

He got a flashlight from mem and pep for halloween. Thank goodness because the one we have is dead because he uses it so much and he has been trying to get me to turn it on for days and doesn't understand me when I tell him that it doesn't work

Now that Ryan is a walking man it is hard to get a picture of him in one place. He is supposed to be the alien from Toy Story

and Dylan is buzz lightyear!

this is the fight we were having to try to get him to keep his costume on

He loved painting the pumpkin... and daddy's sweatshirt, whoops!


Here he is painting away
No comments:
Post a Comment