Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Today was one of the best days since the baby has been born. The glider and ottoman came in!!!! No more rocking on the floor at 3am with the baby! Eric immediately put it together and I've already used it several times today and so far so good! Now I just hope that it wasn't on clearance because it's going to fall apart after 2 days.

On another note, we are getting into a nice routine somewhat. I've been able to get Eric to go 3 1/2 hours between feedings and he's now consistantly drinking 4 ounces. It would be nice if he would go 4 hours between bottles but that only happens about once a day if that. Last night he probably could have slept through the night because he fell asleep on my chest and slept for what seemed like forever. If it wasn't for the fear of SIDS, I would totally have him sleep on his stomach at night because I know he would sleep so much better.

I gave Eric a bath today and he didn't cry once! Maybe a wimper but no screaming and he didn't pee in the tub for the first time. He apparently likes the tubby.

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Meg said...

congratulations!! I didn't know that you had your baby! He's adorable!! Good luck to you and your family! :D

The Dunn Family said...

I am happy to hear you finally got your glider, I know what a hassel it has been. If Eric was sleeping on your chest laying on his stomach he would have been okay. They say that when your baby can hear your heartbeat and you breathing it "reminds" them to breathe too. I was ALWAYS paranoid of SIDS too, so I would have the baby sleep with me until it was a couple of months old. You are both doing just fine!! I think your job makes you worry more than the average parent because you've seen what could happen if certain situations presented themselves! Take a deep breath and keep being such wonderful parents:)