Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On a Schedule

This week I have been determined to get the baby on a schedule and get rid of the witching hours before I lost my mind. So I started yesterday and got him on a schedule to eat every 4 hours, have play time, and then take a nap in his crib instead of everywhere but. The tricky part was getting him down for a nap without screaming. I want to make sure that we can put him in his crib awake and he will fall asleep on his own instead of having him fall asleep on us. The first time I put him down for a nap in his crib he fussed for probably 10 minutes and then fell asleep. After that, every time I put him down he just laid their quietly until he fell asleep. It was so cute. He ate every four hours, we played, and then he napped again. It was so nice because Eric and I were able to eat dinner together and have some time together without having to listen to a screaming baby. Today the schedule has continued. It got a little screwed up because he went almost 5 hours without a bottle because we were out and about and he peacefully slept in the car so we will see how the night goes. The night last night went great though with him waking up at 11:50, 4:10, and 7. Now for the cute pictures...


Today I was feeding him and discovered that he wanted to hold his own bottle. He normally tries to but this time he really did. He rested it on one arm and held it with his other hand.


When we were at my parents house for Easter everyone thought it was so funny that he slept with his arms up by his head. He ALWAYS sleeps like this. Even in the womb and when he came into the world his arms were up like this as well. So here is proof that he does sleep with his arms up.


No comments: