Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sleep and big boy baths

Since Thursday (June 25th for my own records!) the baby has slept through the night. I am not getting too excited yet though. He barely napped at all on Thursday but was still in a great mood. Friday, again, he barely napped. Now when I say barely napped, he probably slept for a total of an hour and a half each day. Friday he continued to be in a good mood until the end of the night. However, I think by Saturday, the lack of sleep had finally caught up with him. He was not a happy camper on Saturday. He was spitting up constantly and just seemed miserable and tired all day. The problem was that for those three days I had taken him out all day and he doesn't like missing anything so he just wouldn't sleep. So today we are keeping him home for most of the day and hopefully he'll get some rest! It is nice that he's sleeping through the night but for about a month I had a nice predictible schedule as far as feeding and naps. The feeding is still pretty consistant but the naps are a mess!
Thursday morning I had given him a bath. He has this hammock for his little bath tub that's meant for babies who aren't quite ready to go in just the little tub itself. Thursday I finally decided that that would be his last bath in the hammock. His legs were hanging off the end and he just didn't fit in it. It seems like just yesterday we were giving him his first bath at home!
Saturday I gave him a bath without the hammock. He did just fine. Hopefully soon he'll start splashing and enjoying the tub. He doesn't mind taking a bath but he's so serious when he gets one. He doesn't smile or laugh, he just sits there. I woke up Eric to take some pictures of him. I should have checked the quality of the pictures before I took him out of the tub. I would have taken much better ones considering I'm pretty sure Eric's eyes were closed when he took these:
This is how tired the baby was come Saturday!:
This is serious tub time:


No comments: