Monday, December 21, 2009

let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Nothing overly exciting has been going on in the Hamelin household as we gear up for the baby's first christmas. We got him all of his christmas outfits including christmas jammies :). On Christmas Eve we are going to Auntie Linda's house to spend time with Eric's family which is always a good time. They haven't had the party in a few years and a lot of people haven't seen Eric yet so it will be nice to see everyone. Christmas morning we are going to my sister's house for brunch and then we are going to my parent's house for dinner. I am sure at some point during that day we will go to Eric's Aunt Karen's house as well. It will be a busy couple of days but we need to get out of the apartment!

Over the weekend we have our first major snowstorm. I'm not sure how much snow we got but I'm guessing it's around a foot. The roads weren't too bad. It was a little tricky getting up the hill in my car in our complex and then getting through my parent's neighborhood is always fun. I bought new tires over the summer in hopes that my car would be better in the snow this winter but that is not the case. Maybe someday when I'm out of school I will get a four-wheel drive vehicle but for now I'm going to drive my little Civic for as long as I can. I only have one more year to pay it off so it'll save us a ton of money if we don't have that car payment every month.

Before we headed out on sunday we shoveled out my car and a lady in our building asked if she could borrow our shovel. She said she would put it outside our apartment when she was done. When we got home we found a bag of treats from her and a thank you for letting her borrow the shovel. We thought that was so nice! Eric finished shoveling out her car for her today just to help her out.

On Sunday it was my mom's 30th birthday (haha!). I was nervous about driving over there but since Eric claims to be an expert at driving in the snow he got us there skillfully.My parents had Chinese food and Papa Ginos (for those who don't like Chinese food) delivered to the house. It was a lot of food! I made a really bad looking cake that tasted good at least! It is always so much fun to get everyone together these days. Dylan is always running around doing silly things while Eric is laughing at him and wanting to join in with him and Ryan just smiles away at everyone. Eric wants so badly to do whatever Dylan is doing and then he just wants to love the heck out of Ryan. I'm really excited that they are going to grow up so close. They are going to have so much fun together growing up!

We bought a sled before the storm rolled in and Eric wanted to go sledding the day of the storm but we never actually made it out. So he dragged me outside kicking and screaming :). I do not like snow or cold weather but I better start to like it if I want to have fun with my Erics during the winter! So at 9am this morning we got the baby all dressed up which took about 15 minutes and then we took him outside for all of 15 minutes. He went in the sled and at first he wasn't too thrilled because he was so bundled up and uncomfortable. I went in the sled with him while Eric pulled us around and then I pulled the Erics around and then we laid the baby in the sled and I just pulled him around while Eric cleaned off his car. He seemed to enjoy being pulled around while lying down. He babbled the whole time. It was nice to get the fresh air at least! I'm sure there will be more sledding as the day and winter goes on!

The windowsill in our bedroom is perfect for Eric. He can stand on it and hold on and look at the window.
I think this picture should be a christmas card!:





licking the window!


Chillaxin' in the sled:



The baby was upset in this picture because he couldn't see, so I was trying to hold on to him and smile, it didn't work so well!


Daddy and Eric sledding









On a totally different note... for those of you who have kids around this time of year, my sister found this website and it is really cute. You get a message from Santa and they put the child's name and attributes in the video as well as a picture. It really seems real and I am all about kids believing in the magic of santa! Here's the website: http://portablenorthpole.tv




No comments: