Monday, December 14, 2009

pictures pictures and more pictures


After dealing with the baby's screaming when he woke up for more days then I cared to, I finally called the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything medical. I went in with him on Friday and the nurse practitioner did a full check up including a urine sample and it is definitely not anything medical. So... it's behavioral. Yup, that's right, I'm already having to use my skills as a behavior therapist on my 9 month old son. It's going to be a looong 18 years if we're already starting now! Or maybe if I get a head start, he'll know we mean business! I can dream! So now when he wakes up screaming I just let him scream. I wait for him to either fall back asleep or if he really is awake I wait for him to stop crying before I go get him. I also read him two books before each nap so he gets the transition to naptime. This has helped tremendously for now at least. At night he's been going down just fine. He's still waking up screaming in the morning and when he's done napping so hopefully this will stop eventually! Another thing I've been working on is his whining. This has been a side effect of the lack of sleep that he's been getting. I can't be more than a foot away from him and he just whines and whines. So we don't make any eye contact with him when he's whining and then when he stops we give him lots of love. So far, so good. And if he's whining because I'm not close enough to him, I tell him to come get me. He may not be crawling yet but something's gotta motivate this kid to get moving!
Speaking of crawling, we have been working tirelessly to get him on his hands and knees. He sometimes will do it on his own but most of the time we have to do it for him. He rocks and rocks and rocks back and forth and then just face plants to the ground. Oh well! He has started taking some steps when he holds on to us or his walker. Who knows, maybe he'll just start walking instead!
Ok now for the pictures:
Part of the backlash of the lack of sleep is that he's exhausted. Last Tuesday he woke up screaming and was clearly still tired. I brought him into the recliner with me and had him sit next to me and I just rocked with him and played with his hair. The next thing I know he passed out. I had to get up to get him ready for a doctors appointment so I took this picture. I was even able to get his shoes on without him waking up.
We wrapped some presents and of course he went right for him when he found them

Just thought it was cute him sleeping in his sweatpants with his diaper hanging out. I have to at least put pants on him during the day because he knows how to get his diaper off.

Here are his 9 month old pictures. I cannot believe how much difference a haircut makes! He looks like a big boy!


















Last thursday we went to my parents' house as usual. He loves his cousins! I have a cute picture of him and Dylan hugging but it won't upload. However, he loves loves loves Ryan. Especially since Ryan can't really escape him when he's attacking him. He has to touch him as often as possible.








Eric was kissing (or licking!) Ryan's face but nobody got into the room with a camera quick enough



Eric rolled from the living room to the kitchen and then scooted himself right under Auntie Karen's legs





Dylan went sledding that day. Unfortunately we got there later on in the day and missed the sledding





Just a nice picture





"Baking" in the kitchen





Look at that cute little present under the tree












Ok so I finally uploaded pictures from my aunt and uncle's Christmas party:



























The only female great grand child with her daddy



No comments: