Christmas day we started by opening presents. He was actually able to open his first present a little bit on his own. I was impressed. After we opened presents at our house we went to my sister's house and opened presents there. Then it was off to Eric's dad's house in Hopedale. From there we went to Eric's Aunt Karen's house in Burriville. After that it was to my parent's house for dinner. Let me tell you, by the time this day was over I couldn't even see straight. Next year we are just going to have an open house in our tiny apartment for people to stop by. I will cook and do whatever it takes to avoid driving around all day on Christmas again. It is always good to see everyone but it is hard to relax and enjoy the holiday when whenever you get comfy somewhere you have to leave for the next destination. Plus the baby only napped in the car and although he hardly fussed for mommy and daddy's sake, he needs his naps!
Ok picture time:
This is Eric's cousin Shannon. She was very excited to meet the baby:
Uncle Alex just got his license so he was able to come to the party all by himself and hang out with his nephew!
Present from Santa (blocks)
There he is, Santa himself! If you notice in the back right corner there is a santa that is lit up. For my entire life my mom used to have a Santa just like that sit in the front window of our house. I cannot believe Eric's Auntie Linda has the same one! My mom finally got rid of hers but he lives on at Auntie Linda's!
I love how the baby is pulling Santa's beard
So this is Eric's cousin Courtney. For over a year she has been in the Peace Corps in Morocco. We didn't know she was going to be able to come home for Christmas so what a pleasant surprise it was to see her!
Crazy cousin Shannon who declared that she wants to be called "Auntie"
I feel so under-dressed!
Hi I'm a goober but I dress up nice!
9 months going on big boy :)
Mom enough with the pictures!
Standing tall
Me and my sister look so tired. You can tell we've got little ones!
Playing with gramma and his new train
I wish I had gotten a Santa hat for Eric for Christmas but no worries because Auntie Karen had one that Dylan wore for his first Christmas and we borrowed from Ryan this year for picture purposes
So I'm a little bummed because there was some good picture opportunities at my parents' house at the end of the day but I had left my camera in the car and I was just too tired to get it and I haven't gotten any pictures from my mom (hint hint). However, among other very nice presents including lots of comfy jammies, my parents got Eric a toy car to ride on that he can also walk behind and push. Once he figures it out I think this will be a favorite. He has walked while pushing it but I wasn't quick enough to take a video and then he stopped. Stay tuned...
And on another note, Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2010 brings great things to all. 2009 brought us the best present ever and we look forward to great things in 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment